What's new

Nickle silver?

willie d

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
394
Golden Thread
0
Location
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cleaning out my garage, when I came across this piece that I dug at an old tear down a while back. I've read that nickle silver is a misnomer because there is no silver except by appearance. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • nickelsilver 001.webp
    nickelsilver 001.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 225
  • nickelsilver 002.webp
    nickelsilver 002.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 227
  • nickelsilver 003.webp
    nickelsilver 003.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 221
Willie, it's hard to guess without knowing its size. If it were large I'd guess shoe arch.
 
Upvote 0
If it's from a shoe it's called a shank, I think? No rhyme intended. Monty
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Willie, it's hard to guess without knowing its size. If it were large I'd guess shoe arch.
I knew I forgot something. It is 5 inches long by 2 inches at its widest point.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom