What's new

Night Bay Hunt, two silver rings. One with starange symbols, need help on ID/info.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Bay last night close to where I live (walking, so short commute!) and the very first thing I dug was the silver ring with all the strange symbols on it. At first I thought maybe Masonic but after looking at it when got home, I think maybe more Native American or South American symbols. I've seen some things called "story rings" with picto-grams on them so it may be something like that. In the picture of the ring by itself I added pictures of all the symbols in the order they appear, don't know the start point but they are in order. (((((Steps Right/Steps Left/Mountains/Rain Cloud/Ladder/Pueblo(Building?)/Three Triangles/Partial Sun))))) The ring is silver but has NO marks anywhere else that I can see. The next little silver ring came out just a little further down the beach. Lotsa iron in this area (all the dune fence posts) so I was surprised I was able to pick out the sound of it (using CTX with "11 coil) and had to move a metal post away from it then it cam in nice and clear. Everything else was pretty much junk, one piece of bling and something that was once gold plated or painted and is now a molten lump of crapola. Very little clad but the aluminum was abundant!

If anyone has dug or seen a ring like this one let me know, I'm curious to know more about it but I'm not coming up with a whole lot. Thanks!
20150426_235549.webp20150426_202553.webp20150426_235604.webp20150426_235610.webp20150426_235621.webp20150426_235628.webp20150426_235728.webp20150427_000116.webp
 
Upvote 14
Good post there Doc ! Sounds like your on the right track with the ring, no idea here first time I have seen one like that posted :occasion14: Some of that melted metal looks rather interesting also might be worth testing out.
 
Good post there Doc ! Sounds like your on the right track with the ring, no idea here first time I have seen one like that posted :occasion14: Some of that melted metal looks rather interesting also might be worth testing out.
I agree on the melted. Looks pretty good in photos. Is it light or heavy?

Love the CTX for its ability to squeal with Iron nearby. I pulled two golds at the beach last week right next to an Iron pylon.

Cheers!
 
Great finds, love that silver. Your marks really do appear to be Navajo/Zuni/Hopi tribal symbols. There are many charts on line to compare to, but the rain, mountains, snow clouds, ladder are pretty self explanatory. Congrats! Sub 8-)
 
Thanks Subterranean! Thinking something like that but was trying to find a matching example but can't seem to come up with one like it. Not marked anywhere inside so no makers marks to look up.

Great finds, love that silver. Your marks really do appear to be Navajo/Zuni/Hopi tribal symbols. There are many charts on line to compare to, but the rain, mountains, snow clouds, ladder are pretty self explanatory. Congrats! Sub 8-)
 
Good hunt Doc, like the silver.....I know you have been hammering it hitting those late night hunts...

How is Mr Max?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom