What's new

No clue...Little help

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug the other day on an early site. I've never seen this piece before to my knowledge and thought maybe someone here could tell me what it is.
Thanks for looking,
HB
 

Attachments

  • whats it 001.webp
    whats it 001.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 671
  • whats it 002.webp
    whats it 002.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 682
  • whats it 003.webp
    whats it 003.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 676
  • whats it 004.webp
    whats it 004.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 671
  • whats it 005.webp
    whats it 005.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 694
Maybe a gear wheel with toe?
 
Upvote 0
You got me,but good to hear from ya! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Pendulum gear for grandfather type clock? Monty
 
Upvote 0
reversable ratchet gear?

or, from an old bumper jack?
 
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
reversable ratchet gear?

or, from an old bumper jack?

I don't think it's a gear at all, no sign of wear on the teeth.
The shape is more triangular than circular like a gear.

Bumper jack piece?
I guess it's possible but not sure where it would fit in?

Hill
 
Upvote 0
Could it have been mounted to a small keg or barrel? Some sort of a spout? :icon_scratch: I could see it being used in that fashion. It would be better that pouring a liquid or powder straight out of a hole in the end. Is this making sense? I'm very sleepy, but I think I might be on to something here. :sign13: A flow straightener if you will.

HH!! :hello:
Cm2db
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom