What's new

No idea on this one.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
It actually has a grooved pattern on it. Not sure if it was straight at one time?
 

Attachments

  • 056.webp
    056.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 457
  • 057.webp
    057.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 058.webp
    058.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 059.webp
    059.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 060.webp
    060.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 452
Looks like random sheet brass to me. I find a fair amount of it around mid-1800s sites. No clue what it was used for.
 
Upvote 0
Dats one a dem ol picture hangers dat hang on a rail.

picture hooks.webp
 
Upvote 0
attaches to a moulding strip.

Picture_hooks.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Definate picture hook/hanger. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
GREAT ID, BigCy! :hello2: I will be looking closer at the pieces of sheet brass that I pull from sites.

Cheers,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Great job bigcy. :notworthy:
Any idea how old it is?
 
Upvote 0
Im not sure the dates these were used. I know they were used in the Victorian era and BuckleBoy finds them at mid 1800 sites so mid1800's to early 1900's is guess. The pic is from 1895 Montgomery Ward catalogue -(mojjax)

I searched back to 2006 and found this

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,32353.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Thanks bigcy.
 
Upvote 0
These would clip on a top moulding rail and the pictures would hang down on different length wire as far as I know. No need to put holes in the wall.
 
Upvote 0
Yes picture rails clips, as a finish carpenter I install a lot of picture rail molding, though sometimes it is still used to actually hang pictures, but mostly it is to have the look of the homes built years ago, the link will show modern clips and what picture rail molding looks like.

http://www.govart.com/hardware_rail_hooks.html


Skip
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom