A Americus Silver Member Joined Sep 18, 2008 Messages 3,249 Reaction score 3,827 Golden Thread 0 Jul 11, 2013 #1 I looked for four hours today and found these. All have some plow damage. These were the best of what I found. Upvote 0
I looked for four hours today and found these. All have some plow damage. These were the best of what I found.
bsit1361 Bronze Member Joined Feb 23, 2010 Messages 1,492 Reaction score 895 Golden Thread 0 Location md Jul 11, 2013 #2 First pic on the left. Is that jasper? Looks exactly some jasper material we find in MD. Awesome finds!
First pic on the left. Is that jasper? Looks exactly some jasper material we find in MD. Awesome finds!
A Americus Silver Member Joined Sep 18, 2008 Messages 3,249 Reaction score 3,827 Golden Thread 0 Jul 11, 2013 Thread Owner #3 bsit1361 said: First pic on the left. Is that jasper? Looks exactly some jasper material we find in MD. Awesome finds! Click to expand... I don't know what it is. We have coastal planes chert in the area but that material does not look like it to me.
bsit1361 said: First pic on the left. Is that jasper? Looks exactly some jasper material we find in MD. Awesome finds! Click to expand... I don't know what it is. We have coastal planes chert in the area but that material does not look like it to me.
theviking Bronze Member Joined Aug 29, 2009 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 921 Golden Thread 0 Location Blue ridge mts, Virginia Primary Interest: Other Jul 11, 2013 #4 Nice finds, if I found all those in one day I would be bouncing off the walls. The first piece looks like the Jasper we find around here also, even has similar crystal inclusions. Thanks for the view.
Nice finds, if I found all those in one day I would be bouncing off the walls. The first piece looks like the Jasper we find around here also, even has similar crystal inclusions. Thanks for the view.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 11, 2013 #5 Thats a real eye opener in the first pic. Very nice color. Still got some nice keepers in that bunch.
Thats a real eye opener in the first pic. Very nice color. Still got some nice keepers in that bunch.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 11, 2013 #6 I know I love the colors in your area on those cherts. Beautiful. I am sure they thought the same.