What's new

No luck

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimbo 2
  • Start date Start date
J

jimbo 2

Guest
Stood in line Friday 15 minutes made deposit asked for halves got a polite don't have any.What am I doing wrong? Should I ask them to look in vault,maybe insist , beg ? Any suggestions?
 
Upvote 0
A lot of banks I go to don't have any. Lots of people asking for them. When I ask I say "do you have any halves. I will take all you have, loose or rolled." Sometimes they go around on their own to ask the other tellers. If they don't, I ask them to. I go to the banks in the early afternoon when they aren't busy. I will mention to ask the vault teller if they have any in the vault. Usually they say "well how many DO you want"? Oh, up to $1000 worth. They usually scramble to get them all because they are happy to get them out of their inventory. Hope this helps and HH.
 
That is some good advice. If I hit 10 banks I usually do pretty well in one or two of them. At the other 8 banks they either have none or have only a handful in their drawers. I hear a lot of, "Oh we never see those much anymore." When I ask for Ikes I usually hear, "We haven't see those for years." But, you have to keep asking. Eventually a bank will have a bunch that someone just turned in.

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom