What's new

No MDing today but the rain produced some flint.

hdmech71

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
526
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No MD'ing today but the rain produced some flint.

Had the md'er out for a little while today but found that some locals wanted to follow me as I was trying to work, so long story short I packed it in and went to my arrowhead hole because I havent visited it for a few weeks. It has rained pretty good lately and after a few minutes I came up with this broken dovetail. It saddens me to see another broken point but thankful for the bounty the lord provided once agian. Pulled in many fleshers and and tools too but nothing worth going nuts over. Happy hunting from the sticks.
 

Attachments

  • Snapshot_20120201_26.webp
    Snapshot_20120201_26.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 502
  • Snapshot_20120202_1.webp
    Snapshot_20120202_1.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 483
  • Snapshot_20120202.webp
    Snapshot_20120202.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Snapshot_20120202_3.webp
    Snapshot_20120202_3.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
Re: No MD'ing today but the rain produced some flint.

Nice points. I dug points with a friend up in Kentucky a long time ago. We went to a cave he knew of and dug the floor of the cave entrance putting the soil through a sifter. We found a few points that day, but I didn't get to take any home :( I wouldn't mind finding someone out here in Georgia to go rock hunting with.
 
Re: No MD'ing today but the rain produced some flint.

You should have no problem finding some good points and tools in georgia. Just try and find you a farm that is plowed and get permission to walk through it, The best time is after they plow and it rains real good. Flint comes in many colors and types but is very noticable when it is wet. It takes a little getting used to but , after a few points your eye will become trained to finding them. Most farmers wont allow you in the fields while the season of growing is going on but if you catch them after the first plow and the harvest season , most of them will be real nice as long as you are. Good luck and keep an eye on the ground , they are everywhere. HH
 
Re: No MD'ing today but the rain produced some flint.

:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom