Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: No More; "Smoke 'em if you've got 'em!" ? UPDATED

Well, gosh.
I never saw Mrs.O mention cannabis and you go insulting her with that statement.
That's what I found uncalled for.

Now as far as Medical uses for pot, I think they have done a lot of good for some folks.

But this is not the place to argue that.

This is about telling our sons and daughters who put their lives at risk for our country that they cannot have the rights of the citizens of this country!

That is wrong.

Last century, when I was born, my friends went to Vietnam for some unknown reason to spill blood and die but they could not legally drink a beer. Or vote.

That is wrong.

Right now my oldest son is in Iraq as part of the USA Military defending what freedoms we have as Americans.

Have you ever heard the term "Your first born male child"?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok, I have to comment, too.

I wasn't even thinking about non-tobacco things like what you are discussing.

In fact - I believe I was talking about foods and other things that the government is wanting to control.

Right now, they are talking about a special tax for fattening foods of any type. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: The schools are already talking about child abuse if your child drinks pop, or is over weight, etc.

The government has no business in our private life. Period. Not if I drink, not if I like bacon from time to time, not in my health care, not in anything. Several states are now trying to take away power from the Feds - but not for us - but for THEM. The constitution says that what is not designated to to Feds or FROM the feds, belongs to the states or THE PEOPLE. but, pretty much, that is a long gone concept.

How many people live in a town or suburb, where they tell you how high your grass can be - how many dogs you can own, what color your house is, where you have to PAY them to build your house (building permits), where you have to ask permission to do what you want with your own property?

Other people's control of our lives is rampant - from the Feds, to your neighbors.

What have I done? I've served in the military. I have become involved on several occasions in petitions, and town hall meetings, getting the word out to the people who don't know what is going on - I have even become involved in the Congress process. (to the point of being accused of being a lobbyist).

I see here, many, many people who are on a downward spiral with booze and gambling.

Should any government tell you what your ideals and morals should be? I don't think so. Beyond laws about certain things, the government neeed to stay out of our kitchens, out of our bedrooms and out of our lives.
And, except of extraordinary factors, neighbors should stay out of neighbors lives, too.

And, I don't give a tinker's dam about other country's laws - I live here. The issues HERE are all I really can concern myself with, or have any type of control over.

Ok, now I think I'm done. ;D

B

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

"Freedoms? So what have you done to protect and keep them."

OK prospector40, I was never in the military.
I worked in electronics that helped the military, but I did not put my life in front of danger.
The only things I have done to protect and keep freedom is voting, paying taxes, voicing my opinion, and working.
I have a deep regard for military folks and thank them.
I do not apologise for my actions. I have joined support groups for the military.

The point I was making was Mrs. O was not pushing pot.

Grey

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ah, I'm gettin in late here. Yeah, Marc, I want my troops smokin pot. It's a complete difference from tobacco. However, you will be happy to know that now, for all practical purposes, marijuana is legal here in Colorado. You got migraines, you can get a prescription for legal marijuana. And that's fine. Dopers are absolutely no challenge or threat to me whatsoever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread