No Nap Hunt

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted for about an hour this afternoon while the family took a nap. I found this one. I think it may be a Big Sandy-Contracted Base. Wish I had an in situ photo, but only an ear was showing through the mud and I was pretty surprised to flip out this whole thing...I almost didn't even give it a second glance, because there were so many small bits of flint scattered around...glad I did....glad I didn't take a nap.

20131109_194930.jpg
20131109_192740-1.jpg
20131109_192709-1.jpg

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very nice find:icon_thumleft:chips are not never pass over stuff. I have found points when it was just a fraction showing. Great find

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice one,thanks for sharing

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking point thats for sure. I have found one of the best points in my collection by flipping flakes. Just the base of the stem was showing when I found mine.

OP
OP
eastTNJoe

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking point thats for sure. I have found one of the best points in my collection by flipping flakes. Just the base of the stem was showing when I found mine.

Yes..this has happened more than once...so I need to start training myself to take the extra effort to filck at each flake...makes you wonder how many lie just beneath the surface...waiting for a hard rain to reveal themselves...I can hardly wait.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need some rain to wash everything off. Im sure there is plenty just waiting for the rain to come. Might rain this week according to the weather people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions