snowskate
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 18, 2009
- Messages
- 68
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Bloomington, IL
- Detector(s) used
- E-Trac w/ Sunray Probe, Ace 250
- #1
Thread Owner
If you didn't see my other post, my picture was in the paper today; I was metal detecting in the park and digging out a plug with my "sampson" type shovel.
Well, tonight I went to the monthly metal detecting meeting in my area and thought someone might have seen it and thought it was neat. Exactly the opposite.
When I first walked in, my friends dad walked over and said, "that wasn't you in the paper was it"?... I said yeah, why, did someone have a problem with it. He said that everyone there was complaining about it because I was using a shovel. So no one said anything until the current issues with the club were brought up. I heard some people whispering and caught the words "pantagraph (our paper) picture". So then they brought it up, handed me a 30 year old sheet of rules that said no shovels allowed. LOL. Other people were making comments, some not even realizing that it was me who was in the paper. I was pissed. I argued my point and said that if they have a problem with my digging tools then I wouldn't be a part of the club. They said that they were worried about me getting in trouble from the city for using a shovel..
Has anyone else had a problem with this? wtf?
Also couldn't help but take the etrac out in my backyard today. Got another old pepsi bottle cap, a '69 mem and a '46 wheatie. So in my last 3 hunts I have found one wheat on each; 44d, 45d and 46 in that order. Maybe next time it will be a '47?
Well, tonight I went to the monthly metal detecting meeting in my area and thought someone might have seen it and thought it was neat. Exactly the opposite.
When I first walked in, my friends dad walked over and said, "that wasn't you in the paper was it"?... I said yeah, why, did someone have a problem with it. He said that everyone there was complaining about it because I was using a shovel. So no one said anything until the current issues with the club were brought up. I heard some people whispering and caught the words "pantagraph (our paper) picture". So then they brought it up, handed me a 30 year old sheet of rules that said no shovels allowed. LOL. Other people were making comments, some not even realizing that it was me who was in the paper. I was pissed. I argued my point and said that if they have a problem with my digging tools then I wouldn't be a part of the club. They said that they were worried about me getting in trouble from the city for using a shovel..
Has anyone else had a problem with this? wtf?
Also couldn't help but take the etrac out in my backyard today. Got another old pepsi bottle cap, a '69 mem and a '46 wheatie. So in my last 3 hunts I have found one wheat on each; 44d, 45d and 46 in that order. Maybe next time it will be a '47?


) I just think your club buddies are jealous that 1. you are new to the hobby and have an etrac. and 2. you are new to the hobby and have already been in the paper. I hope you smoke their asses and bring in 20 silver pieces next month. That will definitely get their attention. SMAN...
Bad experience once, I guess....







