No silver.. But...

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
So there are a certain few gas stations in my area that save halves for me
I normally go in and buy a scratch off and ask for halves..
Well today there didn't have any halves.. But I did get this.
I'm feeling so blessed right now. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434002060.813323.jpg

Upvote 0

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How sweet it is!!!

Congratulations!!!

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol thanks everyone

I was blessed
I'm going to pay off student loans and some other debt
And have a little fun I think!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good plan. Get rid of bad debt, have a little fun.

I'd recommend putting some in a ROTH IRA too, if you're young, opening one now and putting a few grand in it will be a great start to retirement.

I personally use a Vanguard Target Retirement fund that automatically shifts my investments to be more conservative as I get to my retirement date.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Good plan. Get rid of bad debt, have a little fun.

I'd recommend putting some in a ROTH IRA too, if you're young, opening one now and putting a few grand in it will be a great start to retirement.

I personally use a Vanguard Target Retirement fund that automatically shifts my investments to be more conservative as I get to my retirement date.

Honestly I considered investing some

I would really like to flip it some how and make some extra cash

But I don't really know how I could lol

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Honestly I considered investing some

I would really like to flip it some how and make some extra cash

But I don't really know how I could lol

Of course you know how , buy low sell high. Lol. What you choose to buy is the million dollar question. I'd consider tangible things though. Having cash makes people go a little lower. I had much success on CL ran a ad buying coins. I'd buy them and flip them. Made some good extra cash.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
40k, half goes to taxes, so he has 20k, hes payin off some student loans. hes back to even but less debt and have a lil fun.

bathoryrocker

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude! That's sick! Congrats! Take a week off work and go somewhere fun! Hope you enjoy your winnings.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's insane! Congratulations on that! Pay off the debt! I would. From a watching a friend win 50,000 in front of me on a scratch off ticket as well in Daytona Florida. Don't put a down payment on an airplane, take it to the bar, or buy more lotto tickets. Your friends will call you an idiot for ever and every time for the next 15 yrs+ when you get together, they will bring it up. On your wedding day, and every chance after that... Forever!

Score of the year there!!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! Very happy for you. I agree, this is banner news

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does this put an end to your yard sailing days? For me personally I think it would turn into one huge hoarder! But more then likely would be a down payment for a house.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol I'm not sure if I scratch off ticket is banner worthy.. But it may be the only time anyone ever considers me for it hahaha

And of course it's not the end of yard sales for me

I can't wait for the weather to clear up in KY so I can start going again.

Still going to goodwills
The two hats I bought were after I won! Lol

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to share since I read this thread I went and spent $100 on lottery ticket scratch offs. The first one won 50 bucks the last 3, squat. Cashed them in a different store, thinking it's my time... It was... my time to waste $100 on lottery tickets!

I have been blessed with being able to pick something good out of the pile. I am not blessed on lottery tickets. I could've used that money for something at a yard sale not lottery tickets I'm done! Lol.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to turn this into a gambling thread, but a few weeks ago, my work partner's daughter's kindergarten teacher won the progressive on a Wheel of Fortune slot machine - $1.2 million! Glad it happened to a teacher and not some old man/lady with no one to pass it on to. Seems like the wrong people usually win those jackpots. She's still teaching without missing a beat - acted like nothing even happened. Added some nice security though.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
That's amazing
I don't even know her and I'm happy for her
Id imagine that will add plenty of security.

My winnings are just going to debt and a downpayment on a house. Lol

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing

Sounds like the perfect way to use it. Glad you won!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing

Good guy, it's found money, use it wisely and you'll be better off in the long run.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to turn this into a gambling thread, but a few weeks ago, my work partner's daughter's kindergarten teacher won the progressive on a Wheel of Fortune slot machine - $1.2 million! Glad it happened to a teacher and not some old man/lady with no one to pass it on to. Seems like the wrong people usually win those jackpots. She's still teaching without missing a beat - acted like nothing even happened. Added some nice security though.

I've seen many people develop bad habits from receiving a windfall of money. Habits and broken relationships that last long after the money is gone. Gambling habits, spending habits, drug habits, relationship problems etc... I have a word of advice to anyone who receives a substantial(relative to your livelihood) windfall of money. Make a plan before you spend the money and do whatever is necessary to remain accountable to that plan. We all have different needs and money habits so I won't give specific advice on how to allocate and protect. Just make a plan and stick to it.

OO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread