Nokta Makro SP35 Simplex Waterproof DD Search Coil - 35x31.5 cm / 13.5"x12.5"

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta Makro SP35 Simplex Waterproof DD Search Coil - 35x31.5 cm / 13.5"x12.5"

I want to no what I?m truly really getting if I purchased this coil, look I have the simplex with factory coil, point is covering the extra inch or so on a swing doesn?t blow me away I?m fully capable of swinging my coil, so next question is the depth what am I getting to justify the 170.00. I appreciate honest answer, heck is it better to just save for a better machine than to invest 200.00 in a not so significant upgrade in coil. Thanks your opinion really matter to myself and all others considering the same

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a decision only you can make. The Simplex rates right up there with the Garrett AT Pro, and Fisher F75. You'll pull an extra 1.75" in depth with the larger coil. However, if you are swinging 2" above the ground instead of keeping the coil flat and slow ON the ground, you are missing depth already. May times you can increase your depth by simply improving your technique.

After 45-years of detecting I have learned technique is just as important as coil type and size. :skullflag:

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah terry I literally brush the grass when I swing the coil getting close as possible so your saying maybe 2 inches at best considering everything

Connor McCloud

Aug 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got myself a Nokta wand it came in real handy nice gadget. I may not even bother getting the larger coil attachments for it I thought it did extremely well vanilla considering I found a 3 pound piece of platinum group and a 4oz nugget my first few hours out with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread