Nor-Cal on the coast.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local near shore light house.

C4873582-7666-4FDE-A0BE-9DEEFEB6853C.jpeg

Nor/Cal Coast Guard doing water rescue drills in the local waters.
B364EDA2-B4D3-438B-B7AB-D8C95EB07417.jpeg
9E4DD5E2-46A8-4E6C-A006-A248446ED957.jpeg

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the lighthouse is still occupied by keepers. You can take a tour of it still. Accessible only at low tide. Oregon Viking has much better picture of it in this thread.
Mike

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s right Don, about that time Don Knight, of Deep Sea Research finally found the Brother Johnathan. As I recall they found around 1200 coins. Most were gold double eagles.
Mike
wait a minute, we’re you part of that expedition?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
delnorter,
I was not (unfortunately) part of the original group (including Don Knight) who found the Brother Jonathan. I was his competitor at the time. I located the pipes going from the boiler to the cabins--and gave that tape to Don Knight. I was searching near the rock; I never thought the wreck would drift a mile underwater in the current before bottoming out. Knight, in his submarine had the right equipment to do a better search.
Don..
RIP Don Knight

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for writing of your involvement of the hunt for the Brother Johnathan Don. What a great find.

I fish those reefs often. Very treacherous area. The area around Castle Rock is now a sanctuary area, off limits to people for any reason.

Mike

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the lighthouse is still occupied by keepers. You can take a tour of it still. Accessible only at low tide. Oregon Viking has much better picture of it in this thread.
Mike
You must live in Crescent City. Haven't heard much from CyberDan lately. We go to Crescent City at least twice a year.

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T.C., I live in the small community of Fort Dick, about 7 miles north of Crescent City. I haven’t seen any posts from CyberDan for a while either. We met when he first moved here. Have not crossed paths since.

Give a shout when you’re in the area again. We can have a coffee or beer………?

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread