Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wood Spirit.jpg

Been watching a crazy Canadian's youtube videos and finally decided to try my hand at carving one. Turned out ok for a complete novice, I think.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2030311

Been watching a crazy Canadian's youtube videos and finally decided to try my hand at carving one. Turned out ok for a complete novice, I think.
Yeah,I,d agree with that assessment! Very good! You may know this,but Wood Carvers Supply has a great selection of tools and books on carving,to include books specific to Wood Spirits,with patterns. Can,t wait to see what you do when you get more experience!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like trying my hand at carving also, I have done two walking sticks with Indians as the handle and some wood burning and leather work on them also. It is a relaxing hobby.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow...what great work. I believe you truly did find the
spirit of that piece of wood...and it's haunting. 👻

Wood Spirit-2.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks much to you all. That first took about 3 hours. The next 2 were a little quicker, even though the 3rd is much bigger. Guess practice will make them even quicker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread