What's new

Not a Bad Kick-Off!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow has melted and the ground is soft so - called Tony and we hit the fields! First field we hit was a site we started last fall but couldn't finish because there were still beans on one patch. The beans are gone now but the targets weren't as plentiful as we hoped. I can't complain because I did get an 1859 One Shilling in decent condition!

The second site was my Old Faithful which is still producing and will most likely continue to do so for the next several years! Got what I think is a military Tudor Rose button...will need to do some research to confirm. My favorite find is a older musket escutcheon...possible off a pistol due to the smaller size. It was a very nice day and a rare February land hunt!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160218_151945_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_151945_edit.webp
    356.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20160218_100811_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_100811_edit.webp
    258.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20160218_144606_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_144606_edit.webp
    169.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20160218_144615_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_144615_edit.webp
    147.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20160218_120005_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_120005_edit.webp
    100.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20160218_130311_edit.webp
    IMG_20160218_130311_edit.webp
    231.5 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 50
That musket escutcheon is really nice. The pewter button is interesting. Hope your research turns up military.
 
It's great to be out nevermind actually find something. Sure don't see too many of those early escutcheons turn up. Funny I have a bunch of 1800s sixpence but never dug a Shilling... so I'll call it a keeper too!
 
Those are some pretty decent finds right there!
The thumb plate is pretty cool and the shilling is very clean!
 
Beautiful Victoria Shilling
 
Very nice find on the shilling
 
Yep, looks like a very good start to me! Now let's hope the mild winter doesn't leave us buried in ticks:BangHead:
 
Great looking shilling but that escutcheon plate is a beauty. Hell of a February hunt. We are snow free in Maine. Just need a few warm days. I bought a new coil, got my T2 upgraded and I'm buying a sea kayak Saturday. All this in an effort to win my bet with IP this season lol. I will do whatever it takes
 
Excellent hunt,, relics and silver, , can't ask for more than that.
Congrats
 
That's amazing Great finds !!!
 
very nice finds
 
Here's a better pic of the Tudor Rose!
 

Attachments

  • 12705715_919725192508_6326637616951972129_n.webp
    12705715_919725192508_6326637616951972129_n.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 101
That's some really cool finds! Congratz!
 
Very Nice, Congrats on those rare finds, thanks for sharing.
 
That 1859 Shilling is great looking coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom