Not a Bad Start to The Season

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
I am pretty lucky in the fact that i live in a part of North East PA which has not seen the major development of other counties in the area . I remember when I was in my teens cliff jumping off of the water falls , this winter i decide to research my area more , and it was a popular spot for couples , family picnics all troughout the early to mid 20th century , I took advantage of a day of warmer weather , and the predicted snow storm to arrive tonight and went out on a nice long hike , for it takes a long hike to get to this area .
I decided to focus on areas that would be used to picnic and private areas " changing of clothes etc etc " , The ground is still frozen accept for the brief melt even though i received strong deep signals i decide to look for surface to a couple of inches and this is what i dug up , yesterday , I cleaned up my finds Not a bad start to the Season cannot wait for the Thaw :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,182
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,172
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those earrings are in beautiful condition. Your soil on the other side of Pennsylvania must be kind to metal objects. :icon_scratch:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than good.....what a great day. Can't remember a day like that. For heavens sake, please keep us silver-hungry hunters appraised of your finds......WAY TO GO!!! :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Well, i had a post asking about buying a detector under $1000 in another section but i think after reading this it's obviously going to be the X-70!!!
Awesome hunt!!!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow packing the truck ill be there in 7 hours oh no its snowing out i guess ill have to wait. congrats willy.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't see the dates (poor eyes) what did you find?

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan, six, count 'em Halves, sheesh, all in one day? That's it? So, ah, where about do ya live? :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very good start I would love to find a place like that. Keep us posted on what you keep on finding...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread