What's new

Not a coin

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'( :'( I really thought I had my first coin in 3 trips to this long lost homestead. It is hard copper looks hand cut and made me sad what is it?
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 399
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 416
Possibly an attempt to make a button from a coin?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Is it just me or do I see a head on the second picture facing left? Just to the left of the darkest spot I see a mustache, nose and forehead. If I was adept at pics on here I could easily circle or have an arrow pointing at it. Anybody else?
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
those holes look like pockets from heating like it may have been soldered or welded to something
Button shank probably
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom