Not bad for 40 minutes!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Went out for about 40 minutes today until my workers showed up at the house. Last week I had gained permission from a neighbor after helping him located underground wires. I told him I'd be back and today I went up the road. Started with a few bullet casings, 31Western rounds. Next was a tag with "Reinle Salmon Co., Store and Office Fixtures-Baltimore MD
Next unknown item labeled Pat March 121878
Pulled out the front end of a spoon and then 10 ft away pulled out the handle, labeled WMA Rogers Nick Pl Silver
Getting tired of digging junk I moved over a few feet and hit three wheats in one hole, 1935, 1942, 1946. A few more feet produced a 1940 wheat, followed by a 1945 and a 1941. Last dig for the day was an undated buffalo nickel, my first. Wish it would have had a date, but oh well, beggers can't be choosers! I can't wait to get back, I haven't even hunted 1/10th of the property there!

Attachments

• 100_2730.jpg
    100_2730.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 751
  • 100_2732.jpg
    100_2732.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 751
  • 100_2731.jpg
    100_2731.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 749
  • 100_2733.jpg
    100_2733.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 738
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0
looks like a good start!!!! MR TUFF

Thanks for the link Jeff, this was found in the backyard of the old general store.

djm of PA said:
Thanks for the link Jeff, this was found in the backyard of the old general store.

I had a Hunch ;D

Great bunch of finds :thumbsup: that looks like a promising site for sure!!

jeff of pa said:
the Reinle-Salmon Company has been called upon to equip many of the finest stores in the East. since 1867
Thanks Jeff, interesting. The company was located one block from where the Balto. Ravens stadium is today. Actually right across Ostend St. I think some of the buildings are still standing.

You are well on your way to being as good as your uncle. Nice job Tex

Thanks Tex, I hope so, but he is the man :icon_thumright:

Good luck on saturday.....and I don't mean with the detector. Send me pics if you score!

Congrats on your first Buff Dennis!!!

Nice finds........keep 'em comin'!! We can all only hope to get close to being "the man"!!

HH

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back