What's new

Not CRH but important for those who post pictures to the web.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Great info! Thanks!
 
excellent info

I always use a digital camera to post pics and not my i-phone
 
Piercesdad said:
excellent info

I always use a digital camera to post pics and not my i-phone

Its also digital camera's which have the geo-tagging feature. Anything that is GPS capable I would assume.
 
Is this an obvious feature on digital cameras? I don't photograph with a cell phone.
 
Thanks for the info. I guess that's the end of my posting photos.
rileyboy
 
How do I check to see if it has geotag??
 
yeah, maybe we shouldn't post photos anymore. That's kind of a bummer. Thank goodness for safety deposit boxes too.
 
timbobwey said:
yeah, maybe we shouldn't post photos anymore. That's kind of a bummer. Thank goodness for safety deposit boxes too.
ya...i agree, i put all of my valuables in a safety deposite box...would hate to have anything stolen!
thanks for the heads up ag.
 
I don't think posting photos necessarily is the problem. Its if you are posting with a device that is GPS enabled. If it has geotagging, turn it off. If it doesn't have it, you wont have a problem. I have mine disabled on my phone which is use to take pics here for this forum. I am not going to stop posting good scores, just going to be more diligent about knowing what I put up.

Hope this doesn't scare any of you from posting at least some bones for us.... :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom