What's new

Not dug But

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Anyone know anything about this old waffle iorn I cant find much about it.

Says Iorn and Brass M'F'G co detroit pat date April 17 1877. 8 & 9 27
 

Attachments

  • 101_1470.webp
    101_1470.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 101_1471.webp
    101_1471.webp
    47 KB · Views: 417
One thing I know..if the wood is still on the handle,its worth more...and I like it!
 
Upvote 0
well the wood is still on the handle and its on Ebay now, so we will have to see. what Im seeing is its pre griswold
 
Upvote 0
Im still looking for more information on it, and the company, Will post as I find it.
 
Upvote 0
yes
 

Attachments

  • 101_1472.webp
    101_1472.webp
    349.4 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0
In 1857 Hon. M.I. Mills a leading business man and previous entrepreneur of the fur trade ,Detroit Stove Works and Tobacco Industry with partners began the Detroit Iron and Brass MFG.Co. It employed 150 people.
Mr Mills was also Mayor for several years and then elected to congress..

The company was located on Mt.Elliot Avenue in January of 1876
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
The one that sold for $94.00 was in very good condition and was nicely oiled. Yours should fetch around $40-$60 in it's present condition. They are fairly rare.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom