What's new

Not Much But Interesting

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me anyways. Found this point the other day in a field and later noticed it use to be a tip to a larger knife or point. It looks to of broken and then reworked at a later date to a small point. Anybody else ever found one like this? If so Id like to see them, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC12324.webp
    SDC12324.webp
    286.5 KB · Views: 107
  • SDC12325.webp
    SDC12325.webp
    275.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
I don't know rock- maybe it isn't part of something larger and is a little knife. ?
 
That's a cool find, rock. What was the purpose of "reworking", and what makes you able to see it was reworked?
 
Crj- thanks for clarifying. I'm trying to learn so I don't have to always ask questions lol. That makes sense and I can see how one would think rocks piece was possibly reworked.
 
...
 

Attachments

  • P1000880.webp
    P1000880.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 79
  • P1000876.webp
    P1000876.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 63
That's a cool find, rock. What was the purpose of "reworking", and what makes you able to see it was reworked?

It shows the break on the 1 side but I dont know if you can see it on the stem section there is tiny 2ndary flaking along the edge and base where it was touched and used as a stem. Its a small knife now. I thought it was just another broken tip till I got home and had a closer look with my loop.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom