Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crane companies now say they couldnt do that job

Uuuhhh....the methods used to build the pyramids have been explained (and even shown on tv) many times. No mystery and very simple. Did you know that the outer blocks cover inner blocks that are just piled together with no precision cutting and having large, irregular gaps? While some outer blocks match evenly with others, some feature irregular crude gaps that were hidden with the limestone plaster material used to “paint” the pyramid.

Of course some still think aliens were involved.....nope. Just 10’s of thousands of slave laborers....

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Nobody can truly explain how the pyramids were built either but there they are!

Line up a few thousand people. Select four that are closest in terms of reach, from fingertip to fingertip. This isn't necessary, but it's helpful. You could probably get away with just picking four people that are the same height.

Cut one rope to the length that you'd like the side of your pyramid to be. Now cut three more ropes to the same length, using the original rope as a rule for each of them. Ropes were made of living things back then and could change length over time, so it might not be a bad idea to cut a dozen or so and let them rest for a week, then select the four that are closest in length. Again, not necessary, but helpful if you want precision.

Have your four people each grab one end of two ropes. Have them walk away from each other as far as they can, until the ropes are taut. Then have them lay the ropes down.

Congratulations. You've marked out the sides of your pyramid at least as precisely as the Egyptians did, and the only tools that you needed were a knife and four ropes.

This could be done with more dimensionally stable rules if you had the time and inclination. Ropes are quick and dirty. I can think of other ways to do it that might be more precise, but it would be a lot more work and the ropes are close enough, so I'd go with ropes.

Precision stonecutting is simple in theory, although it requires some skill in practice. (And they had people that had those skills. And they were not the only ones that had people with those skills.) Mudding lime over the outside also requires skill, one that I could probably demonstrate actually, as we still do something very similar in certain fields. I'm not joking when I say that I could probably lay down a flat (to the eye) surface using only my hands, no tools required, but I do it for a living. The only truly difficult part of the process was getting that many people housed, watered, and fed while construction went on, and this wasn't an insurmountable challenge that required extraterrestrial help. Other cultures did more impressive things. I'd argue that the American invasion of Europe during WWII was more impressive from an organizational and logistical standpoint, as was the Mongolian invasion of basically everything that they could reach that wasn't forested.

Had either of these forces chosen to build pyramids instead, we probably wouldn't be talking about the Egyptians much today.

If you have any other questions about how to build pyramids, let me know. The tough part is getting the people together.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always funny to hear folks talk about how it was impossible for the Egyptians to transport the large stones from distant sites to be used in the pyramids and that they used alien anti-gravity hover craft.

Of course they ignore the quarries that exist right next to the Giza pyramid site...

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It certainly didn't require alien tech but the Egyptian engineers and brains behind the projects were certainly the sharpest of their millennium.

They did import 20 ton granite blocks from several hundred miles north as well as limestone, neither were available in the local rock quarries at Giza. It's believed they built canals and used the Nile as a hydraulic lift of sorts to get the huge stones up the river embankments and onto the plateau where they were dragged via sledge by teams of oxen and men. Pretty "dam" ingenious.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...eat-pyramid/xtoi4NzlTz9PYRo2QnmG0M/story.html

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
take a look into the distant past around the world humans have dug many tunnel systems that make oak island look like a sand box . yes i agree it would have taken thousands of men but you must realize back in the day it was nothing to travel with dozens , hundreds EVEN thousands of ships so yes they could have had the manpower to dig a couple hundred foot hole depository. I believe that there have been MANY civilizations that have come and gone that we don't know anything about We think we were the latest and greatest but i think there were civilizations beforeus that were as advanced or more advanced than we are today . so yes i think it's very possible and i also think it's possible that the treasures deposited on oak island may have already been found.. I guess we will just have to wait and see..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly didn't require alien tech but the Egyptian engineers and brains behind the projects were certainly the sharpest of their millennium.

They did import 20 ton granite blocks from several hundred miles north as well as limestone, neither were available in the local rock quarries at Giza. It's believed they built canals and used the Nile as a hydraulic lift of sorts to get the huge stones up the river embankments and onto the plateau where they were dragged via sledge by teams of oxen and men. Pretty "dam" ingenious.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...eat-pyramid/xtoi4NzlTz9PYRo2QnmG0M/story.html

Yes on the small amount of granite that was imported and some limestone. A lot of the limestone however came from the quarry at the site as well:

https://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-pyramid/stone-quarries.html

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a look into the distant past around the world humans have dug many tunnel systems that make oak island look like a sand box . yes i agree it would have taken thousands of men but you must realize back in the day it was nothing to travel with dozens , hundreds EVEN thousands of ships so yes they could have had the manpower to dig a couple hundred foot hole depository. I believe that there have been MANY civilizations that have come and gone that we don't know anything about We think we were the latest and greatest but i think there were civilizations beforeus that were as advanced or more advanced than we are today . so yes i think it's very possible and i also think it's possible that the treasures deposited on oak island may have already been found.. I guess we will just have to wait and see..

Crap......I forgot about the Atlantis connection to the templars and oak island.....

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry, quote function on my mobile app isn't working right. Wasn't a small amount of granite. Thousands of tons were mined at Aswan (Assuan) granite quarries for the Giza pyramids, plateau, temples and tombs during that 80-100 year period starting with Khufu's reign. Small amount relative to the limestone I agree if that's what your getting at.

BTW-Thanks for the site link. Great stuff !

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, quote function on my mobile app isn't working right. Wasn't a small amount of granite. Thousands of tons were mined at Aswan (Assuan) granite quarries for the Giza pyramids, plateau, temples and tombs during that 80-100 year period starting with Khufu's reign. Small amount relative to the limestone I agree if that's what your getting at.

BTW-Thanks for the site link. Great stuff !

That's what I was referring to. Limestone was the largest component of the pyramids with granite being used for ornate rook walls, ceilings, etc.

OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started this post some time ago. I still watch the show and still have a difficult time as to how anyone could dig a giant hole in the ground so deep with a wooden shovel and a bucket. If they ever do find anything I'm pretty sure it will be destroyed with how aggressively they attack the earth. I still keep my fingers crossed though. Maybe they will prove a lot of people wrong some day.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started this post some time ago. I still watch the show and still have a difficult time as to how anyone could dig a giant hole in the ground so deep with a wooden shovel and a bucket. If they ever do find anything I'm pretty sure it will be destroyed with how aggressively they attack the earth. I still keep my fingers crossed though. Maybe they will prove a lot of people wrong some day.

They really are too aggressive. I mean look at the amount of water and pressure used when cleaning the mud? If you are hunting for parchments of paper with India Ink, I think I would use less water and a hell of a lot less pressure?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mentioned on another thread that if they were professionals they would have gridded off the area and been shaving it down 1/8" at a time with trowels and brushes. This is Reality TV, not real science.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they were professionals they would have gridded off the area and been shaving it down 1/8" at a time with trowels and brushes.
WHY use a trowel when you have a BULLDOZER....

I think they need to ramp it up.....

Bagger288.jpg

Then to solve the water problem they could get it flaming

Rider4566.jpg

NOW that would be a PROPER archeological dig!!!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They really are too aggressive. I mean look at the amount of water and pressure used when cleaning the mud? If you are hunting for parchments of paper with India Ink, I think I would use less water and a hell of a lot less pressure?
Watching the way he blasted the soil looking for something reminded me of a monkey with a football

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bull in a china shop?

So many good ones we can use here.... LOL

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Egyptians built giant Pyramids back before Christ with no heavy equipment like we have today, but they got it done. I dont doubt for one sec a lot of the theories that are coming in are possible. Also the landscape 500 years ago has changed tremendously. Who's to say that Oak Island today wasn't alot bigger and had more available dry land to work with. Anything is possible. How did a giant concrete wall get built back then in smiths cove that they uncovered. There are alot of questions need answered. But what you express is human nature.. We are programmed to ask why and how and not believe it could happen.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's to say that Oak Island today wasn't alot bigger and had more available dry land to work with.

Geologists.

Anything is possible. How did a giant concrete wall get built back then in smiths cove that they uncovered.

Back when? ... and probably the same way that concrete structures have been built for ages.

There are alot of questions need answered. But what you express is human nature.. We are programmed to ask why and how and not believe it could happen.

We are also programed to think critically, a characteristic that helps people see the foolishness in many of the proposed 'theories'.

mikest00

Mar 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just sitting here thinking about another possible theory here and ya know they now have been looking for Hilter in Argentina and spain and maybe here all along he ended up having all his loot in the money pit and died trying to get to the bottom and therefore that's why there is a supposed body down there and could answer where the all the supposed treasures came from? This could clear up a lot of things:laughing...Now it all makes sense...:laughing7:

I think you're on to something. Possibly may be the resting place of Jimmy Hoffa or the Lindbergh baby. Either way if they pull up a chest I think they should have Geraldo there to open it.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i have wanted to believe in this one for 50yrs. but i do not. please, let them prove me wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread