🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been metal detecting for 10 years, but 9 of those years was spent detecting with my best friend, my digging buddy, my diving buddy, my boating buddy...my everything buddy, Ralph. If anyone has watched my videos, you will either see or hear Ralph in almost every one of them. On Thusday, January 12th, at 12:30pm, Ralph died of a massive heart attack while driving into his driveway, with his son by his side. This is by far, the biggest loss I've ever experienced. I feel lost. We had big plans for 2023. I'm thankful that we were able to get out at the end of November before the freeze. We had alot of fun on that hunt. Ralph got a clipped KGII a KGII Hibernia and some pewter spoons. I found some 1700s open work buttons and a couple of beautiful pewter rat tail spoons. We found 2 other sites that we were going to hit as soon as the ground thawed. We had a bottle and scallop dive coming up. None of that is going to happen now, and I'm crushed. Please, people, take care of yourselves. Take care of each other. 52 is too damn young. RIP brother
Screenshot_20230114_122806_YouTube.jpg

Upvote 9

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been metal detecting for 10 years, but 9 of those years was spent detecting with my best friend, my digging buddy, my diving buddy, my boating buddy...my everything buddy, Ralph. If anyone has watched my videos, you will either see or hear Ralph in almost every one of them. On Thusday, January 12th, at 12:30pm, Ralph died of a massive heart attack while driving into his driveway, with his son by his side. This is by far, the biggest loss I've ever experienced. I feel lost. We had big plans for 2023. I'm thankful that we were able to get out at the end of November before the freeze. We had alot of fun on that hunt. Ralph got a clipped KGII a KGII Hibernia and some pewter spoons. I found some 1700s open work buttons and a couple of beautiful pewter rat tail spoons. We found 2 other sites that we were going to hit as soon as the ground thawed. We had a bottle and scallop dive coming up. None of that is going to happen now, and I'm crushed. Please, people, take care of yourselves. Take care of each other. 52 is too damn young. RIP brother View attachment 2065917
God bless.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for your loss as well as his family's. True friendship is a rare thing and to have a buddy that is into the same things as you are is even rarer. Take solace that he's now in paradise but you will be with him again someday.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been metal detecting for 10 years, but 9 of those years was spent detecting with my best friend, my digging buddy, my diving buddy, my boating buddy...my everything buddy, Ralph. If anyone has watched my videos, you will either see or hear Ralph in almost every one of them. On Thusday, January 12th, at 12:30pm, Ralph died of a massive heart attack while driving into his driveway, with his son by his side. This is by far, the biggest loss I've ever experienced. I feel lost. We had big plans for 2023. I'm thankful that we were able to get out at the end of November before the freeze. We had alot of fun on that hunt. Ralph got a clipped KGII a KGII Hibernia and some pewter spoons. I found some 1700s open work buttons and a couple of beautiful pewter rat tail spoons. We found 2 other sites that we were going to hit as soon as the ground thawed. We had a bottle and scallop dive coming up. None of that is going to happen now, and I'm crushed. Please, people, take care of yourselves. Take care of each other. 52 is too damn young. RIP brother View attachment 2065917
Relic WHAT a FANTASTIC REMEMBRANCE you just paid him. I am SO sorry for your loss. You both were lucky to have that closeness !1 and prayers for his family also

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for Your Loss!! A Hunting Buddy always has a special Place with Us!!! Prayers for All involved, and this to pass in a Good way and many Good things to come!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that, & yes too young.
I've seen similar at my place of work & I make a point of trying not to 'waste a day' & get work into balance, so to speak.
Keep doing what you love in memory of him.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. I bought an urn pendant and his wife is giving me some of his ashes to put in it. That way, I can take him with me every day and to the sites we wanted to get to before he died. I think that's the only way I can keep going with the hobby.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. I bought an urn pendant and his wife is giving me some of his ashes to put in it. That way, I can take him with me every day and to the sites we wanted to get to before he died. I think that's the only way I can keep going with the hobby.
Sure, whatever you need. I'm pretty sure he would want you to continue your hobby & continue the plans you had together. Find him in it.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
So sad

My condolences to you and gis family

🙏🏾

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for you loss. Maybe you can keep his spirits alive by bringing his son into the hobby and hunting with him. Like Crusader said, I, too, am sure your buddy would want you to continue on.
I'm trying. I mentioned it to him but it's hard to say if he will get into it. I sure hope so

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its extremely rare to find a hunting buddy that sticks with you no matter what, you were blessed (as he was) for the great times you had together. may God keep you safe in your future hunts and my condolences to you and his family my prayers go out to you

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RM - this may sound kind of weird but i think he is now in a better position to help you and he will - keep us posted

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying. I mentioned it to him but it's hard to say if he will get into it. I sure hope so
I am sure his son has other thoughts he is thinking of now. Might try again much later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread