Not who you want to run in to while detecting.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Less than a mile from home, and directly across the road from a new permission, we spotted this group out for a family stroll. These are screen shots from the video which I apparently took in too high a resolution to post. If I can fix that I'll post the video and you will see more clearly that Dad came out to warn us away. The footprints are from the permission. I should have placed something down for size reference. They were so big I thought it might be deer tracks. Looks like some domestic hogs in the mix somewhere. Mom is big and black as well but looks less like a wild pig. Hutchinson Island, the likely source of the domestic breed, is only 4 miles away. James Hutchinson, namesake of Hutchinson Island, acquired the islands from the Spanish 1811 in part to raise hogs. His property and crops were destroyed by pirates but the name stuck. 1715 Fleet treasure hunters know Hutchinson Island well.
20240224_144459.jpg
20240224_150114.jpg

Then we get spotted.
20240224_150339.jpg

And get a warning
20240224_150630.jpg

JB Hunts

Dec 21, 2023
Less than a mile from home, and directly across the road from a new permission, we spotted this group out for a family stroll. These are screen shots from the video which I apparently took in too high a resolution to post. If I can fix that I'll post the video and you will see more clearly that Dad came out to warn us away. The footprints are from the permission. I should have placed something down for size reference. They were so big I thought it might be deer tracks. Looks like some domestic hogs in the mix somewhere. Mom is big and black as well but looks less like a wild pig. Hutchinson Island, the likely source of the domestic breed, is only 4 miles away. James Hutchinson, namesake of Hutchinson Island, acquired the islands from the Spanish 1811 in part to raise hogs. His property and crops were destroyed by pirates but the name stuck. 1715 Fleet treasure hunters know Hutchinson Island well.
View attachment 2133328 View attachment 2133329
Then we get spotted.
View attachment 2133330
And get a warning
View attachment 2133331
Hilarious. Don't think they are looking for coins, LOL

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2133328 View attachment 2133329
Then we get spotted.
View attachment 2133330
And get a warning
View attachment 2133331
Nothing worse than someone "Hogging" your spot :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions