In picture two the tip gives you the style of flaking it was supposed to have. It is only notched on one side so they either used it like it was or built another. I keep saying the same type lately in I.D'S but it is all guess work. The flaking plus the bevel says Buzzard Roost. Maybe I have Buzzard Roost on the brain!
Either that or Big Sandy like Gator said. I wish I was more help!Rock, you posted -->
Nothing is sexier that a point!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmm haven't you ever seen a well flung together gal in a Bikini or one in a 1937 - 39 Chrysler Imperial sport coup?----
You 'need' OiRiSH coffee \__/.
Don Jose de La Mancha

I'm with you on the MacCorkle type.
I think I'm going to puke if I see Overstreet one more time.
Take into consideration other points found in the same area.. look at the material that was used.. and also the flaking... This point is ground on the base.. Don't forget that either.
It's very easy to get turned around in circles without local knowledge and just flipping through a book.
Also...a "twist" in a point is created by beveling... alternate beveling.
Overstreet is not a big new learning experience for many of us.
So I guess I'm just a monkey
I had a photo of that point on my phone before he even got home that day.
. Overstreet is a good guide to start with. Many people get in a tissy because a few points are mis named and they acknowledge a snapped base Kirk. Funny how that drives people crazy. Then it;s a price guide too.Hothem and others never came close to what Bob Overstreet did in trying to ID and publishing. If you want specific stick to your local dig reports. Hothem shows a similar one as a St. Albans but mostly only gives examples from Va and N.C for the South East and no other clues.Nothing n Ga