Notifications Hiccup

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strange. I had one other member mention this as well so I did some digging and can't find a reason why this would have been done. I can fix it for you though if you want me to mark all your PM's as read.

(Sorry to the other user that asked me to do this for them and I couldn't as I had to research how to do it and just found out)

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine just hicupped to all unread today also.

I marked them all as unread, which closed the envelopes, which it makes it look like they haven't been read, but the notifications went away anyhow.

Al

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happened to me too.

Different software now so it didn't remember that the PM's were read and refreshed them. I guess I'd rather have that then have them lost/deleted.

I just ticked the box at the top right which highlights them all and turned them all to "read" status.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happened to me too.

Different software now so it didn't remember that the PM's were read and refreshed them. I guess I'd rather have that then have them lost/deleted.

I just ticked the box at the top right which highlights them all and turned them all to "read" status.

Good solution ;)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will happen to everyone the first time they PM with the new forum so I'm sure there will be more threads...

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's correct, unfortunately. The first time a user gets a new PM since the conversion they will likely get a notification saying they've received XX number of new PMs, when in fact they may have only received 1 new PM .. We have been tempted to reset all PMs to a "read" status that arrived before the conversion, but that could result in people overlooking actual new PMs that they hadn't got to yet. It might be better just to allow users to mark the older PM read themselves. The best method is just that, using the checkbox to select all PMs on a given page and mark as "read".

This will happen to everyone the first time they PM with the new forum so I'm sure there will be more threads...

S

stefen

Very strange. I had one other member mention this as well so I did some digging and can't find a reason why this would have been done. I can fix it for you though if you want me to mark all your PM's as read.

(Sorry to the other user that asked me to do this for them and I couldn't as I had to research how to do it and just found out)

I'm having the same problem...:coffee2:

S

stefen

I ticked the box at the top right and cannot see anything that permits me to turned them all to "read" status.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ticked the box at the top right and cannot see anything that permits me to turned them all to "read" status.

It's below all the PM's... a box you can click on with a menu that pops up once you click on it.

Screen Shot 2012-04-12 at 3.12.18 PM.png

The one that says "Selected Messages"

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just happened to me today... 238 unread messages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread