Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
allen said:
any ideal on a color scheme yet ?

Yes,the exterior color will be the same color as the engine bay,which is Redfire Pearl Metallic. The interior is Lite Fawn,the top will be just a shade darker than the interior and I hope to run 17" Billet Specialtie wheels that should help bring out the colors.

Thanks for looking,
NT

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man a Nova. I used to line up against those things every weekend hack in the hollers when I was growing up.You never knew what they had done to them. Great project it looks beautiful.
TnMountains

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Tn,Yeah i miss the good ole days when all the cool rides would come out and you would never know what they had,there wasn't know shows,just cruised around and enjoyed. I have bought a few Nova's down your way,Beautiful Country.

Nova Treasure

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
Thanks Tn,Yeah i miss the good ole days when all the cool rides would come out and you would never know what they had,there wasn't know shows,just cruised around and enjoyed. I have bought a few Nova's down your way,Beautiful Country.

Nova Treasure

I know where a blue one sits right now on mowbray mtn. Still runs the girl said it needed brakes but was scared to drive it down the mtn.
Yep old days work on the car all week make sure the engine was chained down tight adjust the carbs and go burn off the tires,lol Life is good.
Enjoying your expertise.Looks great.
TnMountains

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey,
I haven't been on this thread in awhile. I have been working on my car but with me starting with only a empty shell, that means I've had to build everything including all of the small stuff that it takes for completion. It is like a big jigsaw puzzle you keep fitting pieces and finally you have something that makes sense.
In the last few weeks I have completely wired the whole car, I have modified a gas pedal,brake pedal,throttle cable,built a drive shaft for the ford rearend to Chevy trans,installed complete brake lines for 4 wheel disc brakes,installed complete gas lines with new gas tank. in the process of installing a quick silver shifter and going to build my own console to fit in between the original Super Sport seats. I also have a Msd ignition system and wired it all in, Installed a battery trunk mount kit.

It's alot of work but just like metal detecting it gives me peace and I thoroughly enjoy it no matter how the day ends.
Pics soon once i start building my console.

Thanks for sharing my car build up,
Nova Treasure

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep i had this one tagged to. Nice seeing a car done. Lots of memorys. I am trying to figure out my boat and polaris at the moment,lol look forward to the pics.

TnMountains

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Need some more pics!!!!! Gotta have an update!!!!! I need my fix !!! You got me hooked on this project. I had to sell my old 51 ford pick up that I was gonna rat rod, just before you started this thread. This has been keepin' me content for the time, just watchin' someone else build somethin'.

Thanks for the interest, I will get some pics in a couple days and refresh the post. I have been doing some detecting and helping my Dad with his 49 Chevy truck project. Being you had an old truck, i will share a pic of his with ya until I can get my car out and get some pics.

Attachments

• Pappaws Truck and Stuff 003.jpg
    Pappaws Truck and Stuff 003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 608

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Keep up the good work!
It's SO Great when it's done . . .
as my daughter proved to me.
She did all the work except the paint job on this.
Guess what her favorite color is!

She has a website too for the car.

Proud Dad

Attachments

• Pinky4.jpg
    Pinky4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 272

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
nova treasure said:
Hello everyone, Since the farmers are working the fields and it has pretty much blocked me from detecting I have started working on my car again. I had a couple of pm's over time asking if i had been working on my car anymore. So I thought I would share this you tube video of me finally getting my engine wired and running and than there is another video of where I installed dual exhaust with flowmasters acting redneck and trying out the engine in my yard being it's not roadworthy yet.

The youtube links are really just for somebody that likes seeing car engines and my project progress, so enjoy if your interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKrsUNGQ2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmA_D6pwO54

Nova Treasure

Redneck :tongue3:

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back to working on my Convertible, I wired the whole car and got the engine running, I installed 2.5 inch exhaust with 40 series flowmaster mufflers over the Summer and it sounds really good. I also have went to work on the body and installed two rear quarters and than sanded the complete body down to metal and applied epoxy primer and than sprayed urethane primer over it, for ultimate sealing and for blocking ready for paint. I plan on painting it as soon as the temps get warmer. here is a couple pics of the body work completed.

Bill

Attachments

• Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 27 2010 009.jpg
    Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 27 2010 009.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 003.jpg
    Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 003.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 001.jpg
    Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 001.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 005.jpg
    Nova Convertible Bodywork 12 12 2011 005.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 196

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you treat your fuel, do you use "Instead O' Lead" or are all your engine's internal parts hardened? Just wondering, I used the additive in my '61 Falcon ( when I had it ).......NGE

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
notgittinenny said:
How do you treat your fuel, do you use "Instead O' Lead" or are all your engine's internal parts hardened? Just wondering, I used the additive in my '61 Falcon ( when I had it ).......NGE

it's a newly built engine with different Heads,valves and seals, so i just run premium unleaded.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread