Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
trusty said:
I once asked a classic car owner how much money would it take to restore an old car.

His answer..............How much do you have??

Sorry for the long delay on the reply, Yes restoring a car can be very expensive. I have been buying and selling Nova parts for years and with alot of help from ebay.I was able to invest my profits back into building something and above all,i have stored back parts for a project of this magnitude,if not for the use on it,than for trading or selling and reinvesting to what i do need.
I have owned 4 Convertibles,2 counting this one i have built myself. The last Convertible i built took several yrs to finish after i rescued it from a wooded area and cutting trees out of the floor to get it home.I did most of the work on it and used many salvaged parts to finish the project. I had a fraction of the cost in the car from what it final appraised at, but if i tryed to add up my time for labor cost than it would be high but I think of this as a hobby, so it's just fun.

I haven't been able to do much work on this project lately because of Our weather, but will start back very soon. I know you all like pics,so here is a pic of my other Convertible (62 model) that i built and hope you enjoy until i get some more work done to post for this thread :wink:.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• mvc-440f.jpg
    mvc-440f.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,128

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty car I love to go to car shows or when they get togeather around here just watchin them drive around! So keep postin and hoping for spring soon! :icon_sunny:

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know you all like pics,so here is a pic of my other Convertible (62 model) that i built and hope you enjoy until i get some more work done to post for this thread Wink.

SWEET CAR BRO!! :thumbsup:

john

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
sweet project :thumbsup:

I too like the color

wonder how you have time to be with us in chat :)

or even Mding for that matter :wink: lol

You gave me some ideas on rear end work as you just can't beat a
Ford rear ends and gearing

Also I think the economy fuel thinking was tossed huh :wink:

what are those carbs jetted at?

I'll be keeping my eye out for you on IIs and parts
ragtops are hard to find stuff for thats so true

you see an old early 60s falcon ragtop in woods let me know
thats my next hot rod project I think

lots of ol motorheads here in deep south

Your moving right along on this
going to be a head turner for sure :) :thumbsup:

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
That's a sweet Nova! My wife had a '67 SS 396 when I first met her in 1973. She sold it to her brother the mechanic and he still has it ... I think it's now up to 55K original miles. They are definitely a classic!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
sweet ride Nova, if the new one looks anything like that, with that color, we're in for a treat

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
hyperion said:
That's a sweet Nova! My wife had a '67 SS 396 when I first met her in 1973. She sold it to her brother the mechanic and he still has it ... I think it's now up to 55K original miles. They are definitely a classic!

396 is a fine motor I had one one in a 69 chevelle, placed some "worked" heads on it I had laying around from a 427 and she would pull front wheels off ground in 3 gears.. Awesome motor

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
hmmm i got a 1973 gremlin x with a 401 police interceptor motor in it. it to will stand up on its back tires. any ways i love yer novas. good job. matt

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't been on this thread in awhile.
It has been pretty busy around here with a daughter getting ready to graduate high school and start College. I did finally get to start back on my car some.I have been finishing out the engine and hoping to get it fired up very Soon. I am planning on reupholstering my interior myself and will take pics to share the process.

NT

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey NT,
I can tell ya we are ALLLLLL very antzy..... ( in others words we are DYING to see the new pixs ;D ;D ;D ;D ).

PLL

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful car and great project. If you know anyone interested, I have a 12 bolt rear axle assembly from out of my old 1978 C10 Big10 pickup truck, it has Richmond 3.73 gears in it, one wheel squeal, 50 bucks to the first person to come get it ;D. I had gotten another axle assembly with the original 3.08 in it, and swapped them out. I unfortunately caught black ice in my truck and totaled it out. I also have some other miscellaneous parts for sale too........NGE

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Wow, great shots!

My daughter restored an old '58 Studebaker, shown below.

I have to admit, I fought her every step of the way
('cause she cudda bought a HOUSE with the same money),
but when it was done, WOW! She is now a "character" at all
the west coast car shows.

See before:
http://www.pinkyluv.com/restr.html

and after:
http://www.pinkyluv.com/gallr.html

Hey, I sure would like to see this car next to the Blue Nova!

Attachments

• bluesm.jpg
    bluesm.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 868
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone,one of these days i will get it done.

Vinny her car is Awesome,I Love being different and her car definetly makes that category.Very nice,very creative on colors :thumbsup:.

NT

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Thanks for your kind words!

Yeah, I love the "Pepto Bismol" pink.

Sure would like to see that parked next to your baby blue Nova!

It's great fun
You'll get people waving and honking every time you go out.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I started in on the upholstery and decided that i would try and do the bucket seats in a day and than the back seat the next day,man was i kidding myself. I learned to give more respect to the hard working people that does this for a living. I am sore from pulling and stretching the material and have cuts on my hand from cutting the old hooks and adding the new.
The sad part is, it took me 5 hours to strip and finish just one seat which is plenty for a couple days,lol. I am doing these in a color, called Lite Fawn and should go pretty good with darker exterior color of Redfire Pearl metallic.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0274.jpg
    100_0274.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 810
  • 100_0275.jpg
    100_0275.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 805

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
when installing new upholstery, either use old panty hose, or put plastic bag type material on foam beforehand. It is much easier to stretch new covers on......NGE P.S. been there done that, especially on newer cars and trucks. Sorta like true scuba divers do when trying to put damp wet suits on, it is much easier to put panty hose on, then put scuba bottoms on, plus they help keep ya even warmer........NGE

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Seat looks great. Replaced a lower seat cover on one my chargers, learned the hard way to keep a lookout for stray hog rings, found it via my right butt cheek. :wink:

Liked the pantyhose idea but would be afraid of it pulling loose then bunching up between the cusion/cover, great thread. I might need to start building something soon, gettin that "itch". :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blacksheep said:
Seat looks great. Replaced a lower seat cover on one my chargers, learned the hard way to keep a lookout for stray hog rings, found it via my right butt cheek. :wink:

Liked the pantyhose idea but would be afraid of it pulling loose then bunching up between the cusion/cover, great thread. I might need to start building something soon, gettin that "itch". :thumbsup:

Thanks,yeah those rings are very sharp,i hope i got out all the old ones and there were a bunch of them.

NT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread