Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a spot I go every once in awhile because it's so big you will always miss something and got a 1966 Canada silver dime and a 1860's Nova Scotia militia button. It's not in to bad of shape and complete but needs a bit of cleaning. It's a very old property so I'm sure I'll be back to try again! :)

image-3301556757.jpg

image-925924720.jpg

image-1428248767.jpg

image-262741294.jpg

image-1315309682.jpg

This is what it should look like...

image-38634152.jpg

Upvote 6

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are sweet. Great shape! Thanks for showing me and showing me up! Haha just joking

I'd love to find a belt plate from one of them and really rub the salt in your wounds. :headbang: There actually was one of the NS plates for that unit found here, and the two idiots who found it went to court over the thing! One guy said the other gave up on the target bla bla bla... and he didn't even care about it until he realized it had a bit of value!

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to find a belt plate from one of them and really rub the salt in your wounds. :headbang: There actually was one of the NS plates for that unit found here, and the two idiots who found it went to court over the thing! One guy said the other gave up on the target bla bla bla... and he didn't even care about it until he realized it had a bit of value!
Brutal people would go through that with one another. One thing that been eating me up for a little while now is some time ago I may have possibly dug a belt plate or shoulder strap plate of some kind (it was oval with bent hooks in the back if I remember right and I didn't even clean the dirt off enough to see if anything was on it) and thought it was junk and left it with stuff I didn't really want to keep at a guys house I hunted. Didn't really know much about that sort of thing then. It's were I found the two big dandy buttons. I could be wrong but I really got to pay that guy a visit and pray that stuff is kicking around to have a look just to put my mind at ease.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brutal people would go through that with one another. One thing that been eating me up for a little while now is some time ago I may have possibly dug a belt plate or shoulder strap plate of some kind (it was oval with bent hooks in the back if I remember right and I didn't even clean the dirt off enough to see if anything was on it) and thought it was junk and left it with stuff I didn't really want to keep at a guys house I hunted. Didn't really know much about that sort of thing then. It's were I found the two big dandy buttons. I could be wrong but I really got to pay that guy a visit and pray that stuff is kicking around to have a look just to put my mind at ease.

I assume it was just a plain front?

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP Dร‰US, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome button, man!

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume it was just a plain front?
I am hoping and believe what ever it was is just plain on the front. Was very muddy dirty though! It could've been nothing but the doubt is driving me crazy. I bring everything home now just in case if I'm not sure exactly what it is. If I get back to the property and it's still there I'll let you know! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping and believe what ever it was is just plain on the front. Was very muddy dirty though! It could've been nothing but the doubt is driving me crazy. I bring everything home now just in case if I'm not sure exactly what it is. If I get back to the property and it's still there I'll let you know! :)

This would be what you want to see. I'd definitely get a look at it again because even though the plain ones are only worth a couple hundred bucks, a very nice marked Rev War Loyalist plate could be 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k.. they're an extremely good and rare find. Without question there is some in the ground so it is possible.

Attachments

• bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This would be what you want to see. I'd definitely get a look at it again because even though the plain ones are only worth a couple hundred bucks, a very nice marked Rev War Loyalist plate could be 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k.. they're an extremely good and rare find. Without question there is some in the ground so it is possible.
A marked one would be an amazing find. It was this site that I learned about plates/buckles and a million other things I never knew. There is still lots of things to learn on here yet for sure! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A marked one would be an amazing find. It was this site that I learned about plates/buckles and a million other things I never knew. There is still lots of things to learn on here yet for sure! :)

It's one of the things at the very top of my list. For dug Maritime finds by people I know personally, I'm aware of seven marked crossbelt plates. 4 (NS) 2 (PEI) 1(NB) ...but none of those were the big one. (but still pretty great finds)

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's one of the things at the very top of my list. For dug Maritime finds by people I know personally, I'm aware of seven marked crossbelt plates. 4 (NS) 2 (PEI) 1(NB) ...but none of those were the big one. (but still pretty great finds)
That's what I need to find then so I can rub salt in your wounds! Haha joking

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good story. You were so close to that one. I hunt with a few buddy's now and then and my goal for a long time was and is a gold coin. I'm scared i will invite them out to one of my spots and them end up finding one on me. I'd be happy for them if they did but I'd probably die right there. But I would probably would die if I find one though too! Haha

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story. You were so close to that one. I hunt with a few buddy's now and then and my goal for a long time was and is a gold coin. I'm scared i will invite them out to one of my spots and them end up finding one on me. I'd be happy for them if they did but I'd probably die right there. But I would probably would die if I find one though too! Haha

The site Romeo dug the plate I had just researched 12 hours before he got here. I've hunted with others for all of my 14 years doing this and for the first few years I was the lucky one, like really lucky! It just seemed I happen to get my coil over the best thing. Then as the years went on it sort of evened out, but the last few it's the opposite as the beginning as I don't seem to be the one who digs the best find... when the find is something great. But that's just the way it goes, and if you keep at it your day will always come again.

What's funny is you might have a gold coin at the top of your list, but the day you dig something awesome chances are it will not be a gold coin, but you'll be every bit as happy. I have dug many things that I was much happier to find than a common (real world) gold coin, and I certainly would never have wanted to change a thing. I'm pretty happy with all i have found so it's just gravy now.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree there is lots of other amazing things to find other than a gold coin. It's not about the value of a gold coin to me. It's just to have the memories of finding one and to have that feeling of finally getting it. It was the first goal I had since I started detecting. I'm sure the thrill won't last long if I ever do get one and I'd be on to the next bigger and better thing! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree there is lots of other amazing things to find other than a gold coin. It's not about the value of a gold coin to me. It's just to have the memories of finding one and to have that feeling of finally getting it. It was the first goal I had since I started detecting. I'm sure the thrill won't last long if I ever do get one and I'd be on to the next bigger and better thing! :)

My dream find when I started was a Canadian 20 Cents. I never would have imagined how much better was possible to find, and that I would. A gold coin is great for bragging rights, not really a money find, but sure would be cool to see in the dirt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread