Now that I am a charter member.....

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
vI can advertise and sell things without having to fight with the mods.
I know some one out there is going to say "What does this have to do with Garage sale hunting"... Well, just about everything I sell is from gargae sales.... So it's relevant.
Anyways, I usually start all of my auctions at .99c unless I paid an outrageous amount of cash for them, or they have some sort of sentimental value to me.
My gold and silver has been selling for quite a bit under melt these past few weeks, so I wanted to put it out there for you guys if you are interested. If someone from here wins something, I would be glad to take regular paypal payment instead of going through eBay because it will save me a bunch of money in fees, and I can give you a slightly discounted price.
The breakdown for this week is as follows:
Monday: Watches
Tuesday: Large Silver Jewelry + few others
Wednesday: Fine Jewelry + Coach Purses
Thursday: Nice costume jewelry + a few other sterling pieces
Friday: A bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with PM's
Saturday: Vintage 1700 and 1800's silverware
My stuff always runs for 5 days, but the silverware will be running for 7 days because of the item nature.
If you guys have any questions, feel free to post below, send me a PM, or anything else you feel fit.
Pick up some under priced stuff while you can!
Happy Hunting!
Again, all my stuff starts at .99 except for a few small things

http://stores.ebay.com/Ryans-Super-Collectables

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, But if you are going to sell Jewelry near Valentines Day you should offer "Buy it Now".

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say. I did my first run of .99 cent auctions. And I wont be doing that again. More emails and questions than on a $200 item. However I don't sell jewelry so maybe its different. But I learned my own personal lesson.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to say. I did my first run of .99 cent auctions. And I wont be doing that again. More emails and questions than on a $200 item. However I don't sell jewelry so maybe its different. But I learned my own personal .

I've done my fair share of .99. Usually they work out better than starting around retail, but a few slip under the radar for under melt

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You seem to be forgetting your audience. While posting this here is certainly relevant and allowed, it is in bad taste, IMO. You are welcome to share your auctions and post anything you want but please understand that mutual respect goes a long way here.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
You seem to be forgetting your audience. While posting this here is certainly relevant and allowed, it is in bad taste, IMO. You are welcome to share your auctions and post anything you want but please understand that mutual respect goes a long way here.

Thank you

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
jerseyben: Trolling a guys ad is in bad taste as well and I believe it's also against the rules. I guess some guys just never learn from their mistakes... Just sayin.. Omega I looked quick at your ended auctions and I see ALOT that sold for .99 cents. I do a bit of selling on Ebay myself and I can't see how that could possibly be profitable unless you get your stuff for free and you don't value your time that it takes to pack things and ship them out. Are you counting on the occasional auction that gets bid up higher to offset those you lose on ? I don't get it.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben, what do you mean by, "in bad taste" and "mutual respect"? Please explain. Personally, I've purchased more than one item at a deal from members on here. A good deal is a good deal, no matter where it comes from. What am I missing?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben, what do you mean by, "in bad taste" and "mutual respect"? Please explain. Personally, I've purchased more than one item at a deal from members on here. A good deal is a good deal, no matter where it comes from. What am I missing?

No problem. I have bought stuff from Tnet members as well.

Advertising picked treasures to other treasure hunters that we know how much he paid for them because he posted all the stuff here at ebay prices. Then offering a "discount" in a clearly disguised method that will only benefit the seller and places all the risk on the buyer.

I guess it was the delivery that turned me off. If he had simply posted a link to his auctions and said, check out what I am selling, I would have had no problem with it. The OP delivery above seemed like some sort of targeted ad to take us all for fools.

If I took it wrong, thats fine but that is my opinion.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
No problem. I have bought stuff from Tnet members as well.

Advertising picked treasures to other treasure hunters that we know how much he paid for them because he posted all the stuff here at ebay prices. Then offering a "discount" in a clearly disguised method that will only benefit the seller and places all the risk on the buyer.

I guess it was the delivery that turned me off. If he had simply posted a link to his auctions and said, check out what I am selling, I would have had no problem with it. The OP delivery above seemed like some sort of targeted ad to take us all for fools.

If I took it wrong, thats fine but that is my opinion.

You can go through the regular eBay system if you won and wanted. I was just offering a discount to benefits both the seller and the buyer......

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You can go through the regular eBay system if you won and wanted. I was just offering a discount to benefits both the seller and the buyer......

No problem and I wish you the best of luck in your ebay endeavors. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
jerseyben: Trolling a guys ad is in bad taste as well and I believe it's also against the rules. I guess some guys just never learn from their mistakes... Just sayin.. Omega I looked quick at your ended auctions and I see ALOT that sold for .99 cents. I do a bit of selling on Ebay myself and I can't see how that could possibly be profitable unless you get your stuff for free and you don't value your time that it takes to pack things and ship them out. Are you counting on the occasional auction that gets bid up higher to offset those you lose on ? I don't get it.

The way I see it, is ill list stuff at .99c and let the market decide the price. I just try to move the stuff as fast as I can.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did auctions I did buy it now and everything sold in a day... guess I know how to write a ad lol

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be but it could also mean that you were selling too low.

I flip for profit and fast money I bought three phones on cl for 60$ sold them all made 120$ profit after fees so if I sold to low ohh well just went a couple dollars under the competition

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be but it could also mean that you were selling too low.

My thought as well.

I flip for profit and fast money I bought three phones on cl for 60$ sold them all made 120$ profit after fees so if I sold to low ohh well just went a couple dollars under the competition

Nothing wrong with a fast nickel vs a slow dime, but if EVERYTHING you list sells that quick, you are leaving a lot of profit on the table.

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thought as well.

Nothing wrong with a fast nickel vs a slow dime, but if EVERYTHING you list sells that quick, you are leaving a lot of profit on the table.

Not really I only went a couple dollars under from the rest of the others listing the same item. However, everyone uses stock pics. I use pictures of the actual item in different angles back front side. Also close ups of chips cracks indents. All that with a good description will sell fast. I try to make it like they are observing the item with their hands. That's the key to being successful on eBay.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't know much about ebay yet, but I would delete this entire part from your returns policy. It sets a negative tone to end the entire post and since i'm not sure if ebay backs this thought, it seems more like a deterrent to bidders.

"Returns are only accepted if the item is defected on delivery or misrepresented in the listing. Buyer pays return shipping and a 15% restocking fee."... "Items sold AS-IS will NOT be accepted for returns under any circumstances."

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally I don't know much about ebay yet, but I would delete this entire part from your returns policy. It sets a negative tone to end the entire post and since i'm not sure if ebay backs this thought, it seems more like a deterrent to bidders.

"Returns are only accepted if the item is defected on delivery or misrepresented in the listing. Buyer pays return shipping and a 15% restocking fee."... "Items sold AS-IS will NOT be accepted for returns under any circumstances."

Wow, I missed that part!

15% restocking fee IF the item is defective or misrepresented? I bet "buyer protection" says otherwise.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I missed that part!

15% restocking fee IF the item is defective or misrepresented? I bet "buyer protection" says else wise.
I think a restocking fee is a little ridiculous and would never buy from someone who charged one myself. Especially if the item was not as described.
About restocking feesIf you charge a restocking fee for returns, we recommend that you only ask for a reasonable amount.
You shouldn't charge restocking fees for items returned due to damage, defects, or not-as-described in the listing.*
*If you've opted in to the eBay returns process, you can't charge a restocking fee in these instances.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread