Now The #%@* Backphones Wont Work!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well least u got it workin man, not sure about u and that detector dude

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So that did work
I bet it did!:thumbsup: I had a few problems at first (most were me) and after running it in Basic 1 program with just a few notches added in,it started sucking coins up like a pig! I tried a few programs,but had mixed results with them,then went back to see what worked,and what didn't. Made adjustments,and it's coming my way now!:thumbsup: Seems like I learn something new every day about it,and as I learn more,and apply it to the machine,it runs better each time I take it out. There's a learning curve with the Deus (lot's of adjustments,to play with),but as time passes it starts to come together a littler more each time I use it! I used my ATP in Pro Zero Mode constantly,and even said if it only had that one program,I would be happy with it,since I never used the other programs! I think I could take the Deus and get one program tweeked spot on and coinshoot with it forever. "BUT" there's too many goodies to play with,and I'm constantly messing with them!:laughing7: One of these days I'll find the ultimate program that suits me,and never look back. Until then though! Tweek.Tweek,Tweek,:laughing7:

Last edited:

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The boys in Mass sent their Techs to work along side the XP Techs in France for something like 6 months before they even brought DEUS to the states! There is nothing they can't diagnose or fix! :headbang:

(As compared to another metal detector company that posted on their website they were done with a certain detector from Bulgaria!)

The young lady who I sold 2 of them about 10 days ago, called me last Wednesday. She took hers right out of the box, set it on Basic 1 and went out in her back year. Within 10 minutes she found a nickel and 2 pennies, one an Indian Head!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah well at this point it's all for naught for me.

My Deus experience has been nothing but negative. It looked promising at first but has all turned south since. Parts didn't/don't work as they should, tones I can't seem to come to terms with and ZERO performance advantage to ANY other mid-higher level detectors I've ever had. I dig more trash than with any other tector, pinpointing is hit or miss. So much potential, such a let down!
Thing that bothers me most...it has actually taken the enjoyment of detecting out of me recently. I have to force myself to go out. I keep thinking it'll get better but each time I go out...more of the same. But, like an idiot, I keep at it thinking this time will be different!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella....I feel for ya!...I felt exactly that way with my Explorer II.
A friend told me to pick up my other machines and only use the explorer. I came to terms with myself and reconciled to the fact that I had not took the time to learn it, so I did exactly that!.... I'm not saying this is whats happening in your case...Anyhow, I know my Explorer now,and I bought a couple of SEF foils for it and now its my go to detector.
I'm looking at my Deus with no great expectations. What I'm looking at is a super light detector that has great re-activity speed. If I want to get the best out of it, I just have to spend some time with it...lots of time.....Is it worth it?.....Time will tell.

Have patience it'll happen!

Roy

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need some better hunting spots then even the ace 350 can shine

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's exactly what I think,Roy!:thumbsup: My ATP is a good detector,and it's pretty much turn on and go! The XP Deus is a different animal,and has tons of options/adjustments to use. The #1 reason I got it was the light weight. I can swing it all day without getting tired or any sholder pain. The other thing I like about it is,that when more options become available,you can down/load them right into the machine. No sending it off to the factory for a retrofit!:thumbsup: I tried all the custom programs,and they worked,but not the way I liked on some.So I've went back to the basic programs,and done a little tweaking to them (very little) and they find coins like crazy. The one thing I noticed is that the Deus will sift through the trash better than the ATP. Bart told me that it would,and it indeed does. The tones are different,but when I was learning the ATP in Pro Zero mode,I didn't like the tones in it either. It was just a matter of using it until I got used to them. When I ordered it from Bart,he told me to just run the basic programs,and get used to the machine,he was right as always!:laughing7: You can make the machine hunt the way YOU want it to,once you learn the functions,and how to use them. One guy told me to use the "full tones" feature. I couldn't stand it!:laughing7: He said to give it a month using it,and once I did I wouldn't use anything else,I didn't but might have to try it down the road!:icon_scratch: This is the most flexable machine I have ran,and I'm sure I will have a really good coin hunting program that suits my liking some day! After using the Deus,everything else feels like it weighs a ton,except the Fisher F2. It will find coins like crazy,but there's not a lot of adjustments on it. What fun is that?:laughing7: You just turn it on,adjust the sens,notch out the iron,and whatever else you don't want, and go hunting, filling your coin pouch up with coins!:thumbsup: As my kids would say,----BORING!:laughing7: The Deus is a tinkers dream come true,and as soon as I learn to stay with one program,one set of tones,one set of settings,the results will get better all the time!:thumbsup:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We need some better hunting spots then even the ace 350 can shine
Your right! My spots are Target Rich------in clad coins. I finally figured out why so many are there--------no one else wants them!:laughing7:

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella....I feel for ya!...I felt exactly that way with my Explorer II.
A friend told me to pick up my other machines and only use the explorer. I came to terms with myself and reconciled to the fact that I had not took the time to learn it, so I did exactly that!.... I'm not saying this is whats happening in your case...Anyhow, I know my Explorer now,and I bought a couple of SEF foils for it and now its my go to detector.
I'm looking at my Deus with no great expectations. What I'm looking at is a super light detector that has great re-activity speed. If I want to get the best out of it, I just have to spend some time with it...lots of time.....Is it worth it?.....Time will tell.

Have patience it'll happen!

Roy

We've all had that 1 detector for whatever the reason.

I had a Minelab 705 gold. Most terrible machine I have ever owned. (And I have owned over 35 detectors in my lifetime!)

First, you have to buy/change coils to change frequencies! :BangHead:
Second, It wouldn't hit on any smaller than 1/2 gram of gold in air tests! :censored:

Once I got my DEUS, I was never so happy to sell the 705 and all the coils! :hello2:

I'm glad I'm not a Minelab dealer!

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've all had that 1 detector for whatever the reason.

I had a Minelab 705 gold. Most terrible machine I have ever owned. (And I have owned over 35 detectors in my lifetime!)

First, you have to buy/change coils to change frequencies! :BangHead:
Second, It wouldn't hit on any smaller than 1/2 gram of gold in air tests! :censored:

Once I got my DEUS, I was never so happy to sell the 705 and all the coils! :hello2:

I'm glad I'm not a Minelab dealer!

Damn best machine I've used n a while! This detector day killing coinsM

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max,are you using the Factory programs?

Let me get with that tommorow ,I will send it to you,leave your number and I can call you and just go right over it on the phone?I
Will call you and help

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me get with that tommorow ,I will send it to you,leave your number and I can call you and just go right over it on the phone?I
Will call you and help
PM sent!:thumbsup:

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a Deus on the way and im not sweating it,,,if Andy Sabisch says this machine is the bomb thats good enough for me,,i got enough faith in the company should any problems arise they'll correct them...i dont think there's a company or product out there where every single thing they spit was a flawless Picasso,,name any detector you want and i'll find some complaints about it...

as long as this thing aint like my 1998 Chevy Blazer i'll be good..

Molemann

Nov 30, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Deus, ETrac, MXT Pro, Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the book

If you just bought a Deus and haven't read Andy's book, cover to cover, don't complain. As stated before, this is a different animal. You can't "cowboy it". Take a deep breathe and slow down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread