OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything all charged up. Still no workie!
Probably be sending it in on MY DIME I'm sure.

Bad coil: check! Bad headset: check! Bad control pad: standby!
What a friggin joke! :angry4:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call tech support!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I will in the morning!
Can't believe I gave up two detectors that I really liked for this lemon!
It sure seems like you got a lemon alright!??? Can't believe the problems your having with it!:BangHead:

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure seems like you got a lemon alright!??? Can't believe the problems your having with it!:BangHead:

Yeah it sux for sure. I really WANT to like it. Collapses down to nothing, wicked lightweight, wireless, powerful (or so I'm told). All great pluses!

Tones I can't seem to come to grips with & parts don't work. HUGE minuses!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common in French design and engineeringIng, at least in my experiences with many French OEM's.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about being a common thing these are very good machines, it is very strange how ur having these troubles id ask mayb since u did just get it if theres anyway u can send them the entire box machine everythin u dont want to go threw next the pad c cuz the money u spent c if they'll just give u another entire unit urs isnt even a month old

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you reflash the software yet? Since there is no factory reset, flash v2.0 then see if your headset works. If you regain use, then flash v3.1. Its very easy and only takes about 5 minutes. When the upgrade software tells you to unplug USB and then plug it back in, leave it unplugged for long enough that your computer recognizes the disconnect. About 5 sec.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya,Ive actually heard this to basically same as the factory would do & totally reset it

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you reflash the software yet? Since there is no factory reset, flash v2.0 then see if your headset works. If you regain use, then flash v3.1. Its very easy and only takes about 5 minutes. When the upgrade software tells you to unplug USB and then plug it back in, leave it unplugged for long enough that your computer recognizes the disconnect. About 5 sec.
This is great information! Thanks,Ism!:thumbsup:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any news on the back phones?:dontknow:

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah did all that 5-6 times. The problem is no volume from either speaker. I mentioned earlier it was stuck in volume mode...that wasn't the case. I had the control unit on & when the control unit is on AND the headset is on the only adjustment that can be made on the headset is the volume. That was my bad!
I talked to XP they are sending me a new band for the headset. Doesn't matter if it works or not, I have ZERO confidence in this machine as of right now!
I have a $1900 detector that can't outperform my $600 (with the small coil) even when everything is working. Problem is, the eff'r doesn't work half the friggin time!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah did all that 5-6 times. The problem is no volume from either speaker. I mentioned earlier it was stuck in volume mode...that wasn't the case. I had the control unit on & when the control unit is on AND the headset is on the only adjustment that can be made on the headset is the volume. That was my bad!
I talked to XP they are sending me a new band for the headset. Doesn't matter if it works or not, I have ZERO confidence in this machine as of right now!
I have a $1900 detector that can't outperform my $600 (with the small coil) even when everything is working. Problem is, the eff'r doesn't work half the friggin time!

""""I have a $1900 detector that can't outperform my $600 (with the small coil) even when everything is working. Problem is, the eff'r doesn't work half the friggin time!""""" Quote Man I can't figure this out?:dontknow: My Deus "smokes" the ATP,like a vette racing a Ford Falcon! I'm almost to the point of detuning it,to hit shallower targets. I'm getting tired of digging the deep one's(coins) in the hard dry soil!:laughing7: I used the ATP the other day,when the contractors stripped out our concrete,patio,I was using the 5 X 8 coil and found a few wheat pennies! I got a faint silver signal mixed with iron,but it was so weak I didn't dig it! I later ran the Deus over the same area,and it picked the silver quarter out of the iron trash,with a strong signal,and tone! It was 7 inches deep in clay soil,and had a 3/8 inch bolt right above it,and a little to the right side. Since using the Deus I've dug many older coins (wheaties) mostly,in areas I've went over before,many times. I can't figure out what's up with your machine?:dontknow:

Last edited:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely not a good selling point. I would be aggravated also. If you just bought it, you should be given a replacement with prepaid shipper to send the defective unit back. What worked for me was making a video of the defect. There was no doubt in their minds. In fact XP America had never seen the defect and contacted XP prime to get an answer. Although I had mine for a year and had to pay for shipping, I was taken good care of.

A properly functioning unit is a real pleasure to use. My other detectors are collecting dust and two of them will be sold if I ever get off my butt and prep them to sell. I hope you have a brighter future with your Deus.
Ran

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's definitely not a good selling point. I would be aggravated also. If you just bought it, you should be given a replacement with prepaid shipper to send the defective unit back. What worked for me was making a video of the defect. There was no doubt in their minds. In fact XP America had never seen the defect and contacted XP prime to get an answer. Although I had mine for a year and had to pay for shipping, I was taken good care of.

A properly functioning unit is a real pleasure to use. My other detectors are collecting dust and two of them will be sold if I ever get off my butt and prep them to sell. I hope you have a brighter future with your Deus.
Ran
Ran,did you have problems with your Deus?

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, coil went out of tune. One factory program would show copper target as non-ferrous, the next as ferrous. Audio and all. Could cycle power and all would be OK for a while. Sent in, got coil replaced. Made video to show defect and wrote description of other anomalies. I stumbled on the ferrous/non-ferrous. Fortunatly i had my phone with me to make a video.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry your having problems. XP will take care of you. I have seen them bend over backwards to help me and customers. Wait till they get you fixed all up to get your feel for the machine. Its a VERY VERY good detector!

Holler if I can help.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fella, Bart is right XP has great customer service and will do everything they can to solve the problem and take care of you just like they did with the coil issue. The Deus is great detector, you did not make the wrong choice. If you need my help in any way just give me a call.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for the words of confidence. But if this machine and I don't start producing results SOON I'll be getting rid of it!

Funny thing today...Headset started working. I've only looked/cleaned the contact points 4-5 times with no affect. But today after popping off the control from the band and looking at it AGAIN, it just starts working. Wow what a confidence builder! :rolleyes:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread