Now this is REAL mining!!!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's just something mesmerizing about watching the ground turn liquid on those long blasts :thumbsup:

Cool video Bubba :occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF "They" have their way, this is what will happen to gold bearing regions all across the country that used to be known as The United States of America. First the greenies, then the wolf packs then an illicit government and Bingo the timing will be right. IMHO.........63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little bit of Nevada....lil bit of Canada.....and a lot of dust...beautiful and fun

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like some Saturday afternoon fun! :headbang:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
While I got to make a LOT of things "Go BOOM" in the Army, I never got to play with THAT much boom boom!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a little more complex than my home mix and 3 unit X 4 cue 12 channel nichrome ematch and fuse type doings . ;D

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Loved it, thanks for sharing. :)

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, got hypnotized, you're right it's really cool to see rocks "going liquid". Very nice video thanks for sharing. Where can I buy a kit?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having worked at an open pit copper mine for over 30 years I was privileged to see a few shots similar to those shown. Very impressive in person. Each blast loosened enough ore or waste to keep a fleet of 150+ Ton payload haul trucks busy 24/7 for at least 3 days and usually for a week just for that muck pile. While that and other ore/waste areas were being mucked, other areas of the pit were drilled and powdered in preparation for the next shot/s (multiple shots/week) to keep up the 24/7/365 regime. It was neat to see all of the facilities built (crushers, overland conveyors, mill, etc.) and the mine developed from initial stripping of desert foothill ranch land to a pit of over 1,500 deep and about a mile in diameter before I retired.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that was a fun watch! Even more amazing is that all that was probably from fertilizer and diesel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread