xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you about this weekend: We had my club meeting. I was showing my friend my new Mass militia button that I was very proud of. He kind of tossed it / dropped it onto the table. I got pretty heated about it as it's potentially as old as the war of 1812 and these things can be delicate! He apologized and we moved on from it. Later on while the president of the club was speaking we heard a noise and turned around to watch in slow motion as the finds table tilted partially collapsed and dropped all the finds on the floor!!! I think somebody had forgotten to fully set up the table. 1700's shoe buckles, presidential tokens, my button and other delicate stuff all got to test their durability. Surprisingly my button was intact and undamaged. A few things broke though. I would have been completely bummed if my find was broken. Oh the humanity!

Saturday morning I went down to the beach where I rarely ever detect: because I'm terrible at it. There had been a high tide and the sand had been stripped back to reveal a hard layer of clay strewn with old broken crockery / glass and debris. It was like a gold pan after all the sand and dirt is washed out. My buddies had found multiple coins. A large cent, Barbers, clay marbles, IHP's, they had some good finds! My time was really limited as I had to go do some stuff, but I had high hopes. One of the guys found a really nice Barber quarter on the surface. I saw it about 15 minutes before I had to leave. I swung like a hero finding a couple pennies. Then left with a serious fear of missing out as they kept hunting. I'd have my revenge on the beach.

Sunday I went back. The tide had cleared a little more surface sand away. The beach was mine for the taking. I went to balance my machine and glanced over to my right. I was not alone. There was another detectorist there. Damn. Well to be fair he's been going there for years. He had seniority and he's a nice guy. He showed my his finds. He was doing well. I went the other way and ended up finding a 58 Rosie. Not an incredible find but it was my first silver of the year and not for lack of trying. I have been out many times even through the snow this year and just couldn't find a silver! I'm not complaining because I have found some stuff I am pretty happy with. I also spied a clay pipe stem and pretended that I was a mudlarker in London. I picked it up as I like them for some reason. Not an incredible day but the silver drought has ended. Bring on the silver! I'm ready … oh and the nude beach you may wonder? There used to be one nearby.

Check out this weird sea centipede creature I found I've never seen one of these and I've grown up and lived near beaches my whole life.

Attachments

• IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6775.JPG
    761.6 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 16

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool read. You should consider writing short stories. Congrats on the Silver. Now how was it you knew there was once a nude beach nearby? :laughing7:

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waiting for the part where you stumbled across several nude women sunbathing.. Now I am very disappointed in this post..:laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what we call a lug worm.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool read. You should consider writing short stories. Congrats on the Silver. Now how was it you knew there was once a nude beach nearby? :laughing7:

Thanks. You know if I found something really fabulous I would write a short story about it! For now the best I can do is write about a worm and a dime! I think I researched a building by the beach and found out it was a nude beach for many years!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was next to it but there as a wooden wall... at low tide you could peak under. No nudes yet! Haha!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your centipede looks like a leach

It does but when I turned it over it had what looked like little feat lining the sides and later I saw one that was halfway in and out of a hole in the sand. I don't think leaches bore into the ground. Funny thing is that I was worried it might sting me when I picked it up and brought it down to the water because I thought it would die if I left it up on the beach.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard hunting a nude beach! No pockets! LOL

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the times out and the finds! I believe you found a Bloodworm which is favorite bait of many fisherman in the Northeast and can fetch pretty good money if you are into harvesting them to sell. Be careful if you pick them up as their bite can hurt like a bee or wasp sting.

Frank

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Let me tell you about this weekend: We had my club meeting. I was showing my friend my new Mass militia button that I was very proud of. He kind of tossed it / dropped it onto the table. I got pretty heated about it as it's potentially as old as the war of 1812 and these things can be delicate! He apologized and we moved on from it. Later on while the president of the club was speaking we heard a noise and turned around to watch in slow motion as the finds table tilted partially collapsed and dropped all the finds on the floor!!! I think somebody had forgotten to fully set up the table. 1700's shoe buckles, presidential tokens, my button and other delicate stuff all got to test their durability. Surprisingly my button was intact and undamaged. A few things broke though. I would have been completely bummed if my find was broken. Oh the humanity!

Saturday morning I went down to the beach where I rarely ever detect: because I'm terrible at it. There had been a high tide and the sand had been stripped back to reveal a hard layer of clay strewn with old broken crockery / glass and debris. It was like a gold pan after all the sand and dirt is washed out. My buddies had found multiple coins. A large cent, Barbers, clay marbles, IHP's, they had some good finds! My time was really limited as I had to go do some stuff, but I had high hopes. One of the guys found a really nice Barber quarter on the surface. I saw it about 15 minutes before I had to leave. I swung like a hero finding a couple pennies. Then left with a serious fear of missing out as they kept hunting. I'd have my revenge on the beach.

Sunday I went back. The tide had cleared a little more surface sand away. The beach was mine for the taking. I went to balance my machine and glanced over to my right. I was not alone. There was another detectorist there. Damn. Well to be fair he's been going there for years. He had seniority and he's a nice guy. He showed my his finds. He was doing well. I went the other way and ended up finding a 58 Rosie. Not an incredible find but it was my first silver of the year and not for lack of trying. I have been out many times even through the snow this year and just couldn't find a silver! I'm not complaining because I have found some stuff I am pretty happy with. I also spied a clay pipe stem and pretended that I was a mudlarker in London. I picked it up as I like them for some reason. Not an incredible day but the silver drought has ended. Bring on the silver! I'm ready … oh and the nude beach you may wonder? There used to be one nearby.

Check out this weird sea centipede creature I found I've never seen one of these and I've grown up and lived near beaches my whole life.

It appears to be an Annelid Worm. Segmented worm. I’ve dug them up in the mud in the bay, never seen one on a beach though. I guess there are no doors in the ocean.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny post I liked it Thanks

relic nut

Silver Member