What's new

nulls

Idigack

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when using an excel does anyone dig nulls, and has anyone found gold doing so???
 
Upvote 0
Don't ignore all the nulls you will hear a good tone sometimes with all the nulls to targets, and listen for the low tones to for the gold...happy hunting
 
when using an excel does anyone dig nulls, and has anyone found gold doing so???

When you get a null, sweep it from different directions to see if there is another target there, as example if sweeping from N to S and get a null, always sweep it again E to W at least... you may get a solid null one direction and a good tone from another, it is telling you there is a target there with the iron.... If you hit a null and move on with out checking it again then your doing it wrong.... Ever null i get I recheck from multiple directions before moving on, I have fould gold this way..

I have dug hundreds of solid nulls after checking multiple direction sweeps and never ever found a good target if it was only nulling out...
 
Was in Disc mode walking the wet sand just above the waterline last night, got a null but couldn't raise a tone, switched to PP and got a very faint threshold break - the threshold returned to it's original smooth pitch so I took some sand off over the target to get the coil closer, started raising a tone in both Disc & PP. Glad I took the time to check! As TH says, most of the time nulls are junk/iron but sometimes the target can be just on the edge of the machine's capabilities. Good "hard nulls" can usually be trusted, but be very careful of trusting those weak/tiny/faint nulls.
 
Dig every thing ,it's safer!!
 
Dug a couple of solid nulls yesterday just to see hat it was...first target was a 2012 two peso mex coin and the second was a 2012 five peso mex coin, in disc they didn't make a sound at all! There's no telling how many I've passed up,
 
Mostly likely made of stainless steel.

Dug a couple of solid nulls yesterday just to see hat it was...first target was a 2012 two peso mex coin and the second was a 2012 five peso mex coin, in disc they didn't make a sound at all! There's no telling how many I've passed up,

I suspect your detector nulled because they are mostly stainless steel.

Out of curiosity, I asked on the internet what a Mexican Peso is made of.
Here is the answer I got: "The Mexican Peso was originally made of silver. It has also been made of gold and bronze. Most modern Mexican pesos coins, however, are made out of aluminum bronze and stainless steel."
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom