O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 20, 2019 #1 Found in a creek in northern California. A nice cobble with a single divot and my first pestle (It's a killer, I think). Upvote 0
Found in a creek in northern California. A nice cobble with a single divot and my first pestle (It's a killer, I think).
arrow86 Silver Member Joined May 6, 2014 Messages 3,377 Reaction score 4,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern Shore Maryland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 20, 2019 #2 That’s a really nice pestle , where they found close together ?
O Out Of Time Sr. Member Joined Apr 10, 2019 Messages 326 Reaction score 879 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 20, 2019 Thread Owner #3 arrow86 said: That’s a really nice pestle , where they found close together ? Click to expand... On the same stretch of creek, but not together. I don't see them as being associated. The pestle would work with a bigger mortar, I think. I am excited by the pestle as it seems highly manufactured and finished in a particular style. I haven't seen one quite like it before. I have read about various types common to this area, including some that are quite stylized with flanges etc. but nothing tusk shaped like this. Curious if anyone else has come across this type?
arrow86 said: That’s a really nice pestle , where they found close together ? Click to expand... On the same stretch of creek, but not together. I don't see them as being associated. The pestle would work with a bigger mortar, I think. I am excited by the pestle as it seems highly manufactured and finished in a particular style. I haven't seen one quite like it before. I have read about various types common to this area, including some that are quite stylized with flanges etc. but nothing tusk shaped like this. Curious if anyone else has come across this type?
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 20, 2019 #4 Those are some really nice finds! I guess with all the oak trees in California there ought to be a few of those nutting stones to be found.
Those are some really nice finds! I guess with all the oak trees in California there ought to be a few of those nutting stones to be found.
Kace Bronze Member Joined Aug 15, 2017 Messages 2,118 Reaction score 4,903 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone. Primary Interest: Other May 21, 2019 #5 Sweet! You Did Great!! Kace
catherine1 Bronze Member Joined Jun 25, 2010 Messages 1,817 Reaction score 1,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 21, 2019 #6 Nice artifact recovery. That would put some weight in the backpack......