Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because ya'll don't believe it does not mean it didn't happen.. How else did the word get out for companies to come searching.

Just because YOU believe it "could" have happened, doesn't mean it DID. Proper research requires determining what destination the FACTS lead you to - AFTER you determine what is FACT and what is "COULD BE". The BIGGEST mistake "researchers" make is deciding "what happened" - and THEN finding "facts" to back it up (and ignoring evidence that doesn't). I can pretty much guarantee that nearly every theory or story on Oak Island presented has been "proven" in that fashion.

We had a similar story where I grew up in N. California in the 1960s. In a bluff face above the river, a dug-out "cave" was discovered after a brush fire - there was no record of it being there, but somehow it was determined to be about 100 years old. Within a few months, it was rumored to have been a "lost" gold mine, with the typical story of the miner being the "lone survivor" of an Indian attack...bla...bla...bla... basically a re-hash of the Adam's Diggings story - and there was plenty more gold to be found!. Turns out it was in fact only about 35 years old, a cache for a bootlegger during Prohibition. State went in and dynamited it closed a few years later - but you may still hear stories of the "Lost Mine", and how the "government covered it up after recovering millions".

Last edited:
"The Templars had made large scale discoveries of copper, tin, and manganese in the New World"- Franklin

Oh - I thought it was the Greeks, or Phoenicians, at the beginning of the Bronze Age...otherwise, where did all that copper come from? - Michigan?

so you do believe the story about there being a 90' stone in order to be chagrging people to look at it. Regardless of what might have been carved on it, it was real!!!!! End of story. I'm done here for now... Ya'll have fun without me for a bit..

The fact that there may have been a stone that the displayer CLAIMED to have been found at 90 feet in the "Money Pit" is well established. What has NOT been established, is that there was a 90-foot hole that the stone came from, or that it had any markings on it when it was found. It could just as likely (more likely, rather) picked up off the beach, then "doctored" to look convincing.

Several years ago, a Tulsa man was found to have been making fake "Viking runestones" that he would take to various areas (usually creeks and rivers): Tulsa, Muskogee, Ft. Gibson - where he would drop them in, for someone else to find - just as a "joke". He was never charged with anything, since he just left them for someone else to find, and did not profit from it. Even Barry Fell got involved and claimed them authentic. Story came out in the early 1980's. The guy had been doing it for years.

Last edited:
Hola amigos

Trouble with such open ambiguous treasure legends they can be manipulated by con artists

The perpetrator actually posted here once. Here is a story of an fake Templar buried in cave in all just to flog a book that had no basis in reality.

https://andrewgough.co.uk/hoax/

Yet there is still people believe the fantasy Ben Hammond created....Even after he confessed the whole thing was Hoax. There are many quasi pulp fiction authors adding their spin on such legends posting them as fact.

So it is so everyone and anyone can write crap to ride off the back of a famous mystery. Oak island is no stranger to such authors and film makers.

Kanacki

The fact that there may have been a stone that the displayer CLAIMED to have been found at 90 feet in the "Money Pit" is well established. What has NOT been established, is that there was a 90-foot hole that the stone came from, or that it had any markings on it when it was found. It could just as likely (more likely, rather) picked up off the beach, then "doctored" to look convincing.

This - there were multiple witnesses who physically saw 'the stone', however whether it really came from the pit of despair, or why it would be discarded is another issue.

Reading comprehension must be low.....Charlie was demonstrating how weak minds twist unrelated things into fictional stories.

You stated that I was spreading baseless rumors and asked that I prove someone here posted about a space/time warp tunnel.

I provided absolute proof that someone did. In the future you might do a better job of fact checking before making baseless statements. We have too many of those here...

Insults are used by those that have weak arguments. Both Charlie and Franklin made "out there" statements. You choose to claim that one person was trying to make a point, but the other is not.

It is a shame that you cannot see the inconsistency AND bias in that.

Insults are used by those that have weak arguments. Both Charlie and Franklin made "out there" statements. You choose to claim that one person was trying to make a point, but the other is not.

You stated that I was making baseless claims when I stated that members here had previously posted about a time warp tunnel. I provided empirical evidence backing my statements that members here DID post about a time warp tunnel.

You were proven wrong. Just accept it and quit trying to twist your own words...

But in mine I prefaced it with the comment "You know by now how the game here is played . . . Start with a factual statement and then spin it out of all sensibility." The following content was an example.

Singlestack correctly interpreted my subsequent statements as a sample of a how a preposterous premise is arrived at. Which seems to be a common element of Oak Island threads here.

But in mine I prefaced it with the comment "You know by now how the game here is played . . . Start with a factual statement and then spin it out of all sensibility." The following content was an example.

Singlestack correctly interpreted my subsequent statements as a sample of a how a preposterous premise is arrived at. Which seems to be a common element of Oak Island threads here.

you missed the point. whatever.

3 years and 552 posts later, not one piece of evidence has ever been presented by anyone proving that a treasure ever existed on hoax island...

One fact that I can attest to is that, "Exhuminator" is a great user name for a metal detectorist!

This - there were multiple witnesses who physically saw 'the stone', however whether it really came from the pit of despair, or why it would be discarded is another issue.

Those SAME witnesses stated that the bookshop owner CLAIMED the stone came from the "money pit" (or whatever they referred to it by at that time); that there were NO markings upon it, other than a few scratches from being used in the bookbindery, and being basalt, it was extremely hard, and that any wording carved on it would NOT have been "worn off".

we don't know how hard it was since it hasn't been recovered. If something/anything was carved into it there is no reason it couldn't be pounded/rubbed away over time... Soft enough to be carved, soft enough to be wiped clean with effort..

A mysterious stone with cryptic carvings pointing to a vast treasure beyond imagination.....yet they threw it away....

Hola amigos

Trouble with such open ambiguous treasure legends they can be manipulated by con artists

The perpetrator actually posted here once. Here is a story of an fake Templar buried in cave in all just to flog a book that had no basis in reality.

https://andrewgough.co.uk/hoax/

Yet there is still people believe the fantasy Ben Hammond created....Even after he confessed the whole thing was Hoax. There are many quasi pulp fiction authors adding their spin on such legends posting them as fact.

So it is so everyone and anyone can write crap to ride off the back of a famous mystery. Oak island is no stranger to such authors and film makers.

Kanacki
I AM SHOCKED...... That people would lie about a treasure to get people to invest in their search, sell their book, get ratings for their TV show... Or simply make themselves look important...

What is becoming of the world when we cannot believe what we read and see on the TV...

This is why we need evidence before accepting claims of treasure. Simply because someone says it is true is not a reason for believing it to be the case.

Everybody has a GRAND story to get investors to invest in them. (No different then we doctor up our resumes.) Be it a new car company, Dot.com, stocks/bonds, restaurant, the next great metal detector, etc etc... As the investor it's a matter of risk vs reward usually.. Granted no one should Go All In without very good info on the investment but if your just throwing pocket change to them then it's not as big of a deal to take the chance. Till the Lagina's crew, I don't think anyone ever walked away from the island with more money then they came with. Every time money ran out people left, other then Dan and Fred who happened to live there...

The supposedly first written article in the mid 1800's ( 1857-1857 ) from what I would think is a very old man who at this point had no reason to lie about it. He could have easily confessed it a hoax if it was all a made up story. He was not going to profit any by carrying on the story so why lie about. Granted maybe he did but maybe he didn't... Doesn't mean there is still treasure there or ever was for that matter..

we don't know how hard it was since it hasn't been recovered. If something/anything was carved into it there is no reason it couldn't be pounded/rubbed away over time... Soft enough to be carved, soft enough to be wiped clean with effort..

The witnesses that claimed to have seen it identified it as BASALT - "hard and fine-grained" - as hard, or harder than granite. Whereas soapstone, limestone or sandstone are "soft enough to be carved" they are easily discerned from basalt, and would have been useless for what it was claimed to have been used for - as a FLAT, SMOOTH SURFACE for pounding/smoothing out leather.

Last edited:
A mysterious stone with cryptic carvings pointing to a vast treasure beyond imagination.....yet they threw it away....

You would have thought that something so mysterious and cryptic would have at least had a rubbing made...if there were any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back