Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
... It is a known fact that more then a few companies have ...
Even if some how the original 3 never did dig hole there were other people/companies that did... and they would not have come there if they were not pretty sure of what was real about the story...
It is a known fact that the lure of treasure is very strong, and the Oak Island story has grown WITHOUT any real knowledge if in fact a treasure was ever buried on Oak Island or by whom.
What came first, the hole or the story of the hole?

I understand completely that the stone part might have been made up but I'm guessing here, that in order for anyone to remotely believe it they had to atleast of had a hole to claim to find it out of correct!!!! Hence The Money Pit.. which some of ya'll claim is nonexistent..

As far as no pictures of it. Most people didn't have a camera till the very late 1800's and into the 1900's... Take a gander at this info.

Early fixed images
The first partially successful photograph of a camera image was made in approximately 1816 by Nicéphore Niépce, using a very small camera of his own making and a piece of paper coated with silver chloride, which darkened where it was exposed to light. No means of removing the remaining unaffected silver chloride was known to Niépce, so the photograph was not permanent, eventually becoming entirely darkened by the overall exposure to light necessary for viewing it. In the mid-1820s, Niépce used a sliding wooden box camera made by Parisian opticians Charles and Vincent Chevalier to experiment with photography on surfaces thinly coated with Bitumen of Judea.

he use of photographic film was pioneered by George Eastman, who started manufacturing paper film in 1885 before switching to celluloid in 1888–1889. His first camera, which he called the "Kodak", was first offered for sale in 1888. It was a very simple box camera with a fixed-focus lens and single shutter speed, which along with its relatively low price appealed to the average consumer. The Kodak came pre-loaded with enough film for 100 exposures and needed to be sent back to the factory for processing and reloading when the roll was finished. By the end of the 19th century Eastman had expanded his lineup to several models including both box and folding cameras.

In 1900, Eastman took mass-market photography one step further with the Brownie, a simple and very inexpensive box camera that introduced the concept of the snapshot. The Brownie was extremely popular and various models remained on sale until the 1960s.

Kinda hard to make up the whole 90' stone story without there even being a hole.... Where these people just standing around everyday telling jokes to each other and then then one of them thought it would be funny to add in the stone story at 90' just for $#@! & giggles... they then packed up and left without ever digging anything?? that is a heck of a way to spend a summer and lets hope it was summer time as it get awful cold up there to just be standing around not doing anything and not be getting paid anything or atleast not much...

A hole did not have to be dug for someone to put fake carvings on a piece of rock. That rock was proven fake a long time ago. After investor money stopped coming in the company threw it away...

Last edited:
I'm confused.....if the templars could create a space/time warp tunnel to mars as some here have claimed, could they not also have developed an imaging technology to document their massive treasure pile?

I'm confused.....if the templars could create a space/time warp tunnel to mars as some here have claimed, could they not also have developed an imaging technology to document their massive treasure pile?
They probably did, but I am sure that only a select few could decipher it. :laughing7:

I understand completely that the stone part might have been made up but I'm guessing here, that in order for anyone to remotely believe it they had to at least of had a hole to claim to find it out of correct!!!!
Hence The Money Pit.. which some of ya'll claim is nonexistent..

As far as no pictures of it. Most people didn't have a camera till the very late 1800's and into the 1900's...
Ever seen a photograph taken by Mathew Brady during the 1860's War of Northern Aggression?
As for there being a 90 foot hole that the hoax stone was recovered, did any of those companies or investors mention that their excavations began with an existing 90 foot hole?
What came first, n2mini my friend, the hole or a story about a hole that may hold treasure?

... You want to believe cetain parts of his story is all true yet don't want to believe the first story written about OI .
Yet the info on Sinclairs death is all over the place even in his Diploma..So how do we know what to believe about the man.
IF there are stories on him not knowing when and how the man died why should we believe that just because those same stories don't mention him leaveing the area we should take that as a fact that he didn't.
In my book it doesn't work that way.. Apparently it does in yours...
Well lets look at that "first story written about OI".
McGinnis, Vaughn, and Smith were on Smith's father's Lot 18 in a June summer day in 1895, when the saw a depression in the ground, not a hole, no mention of an Oak tree with attached block and tackle.
Over rhe years different ages were given for the three, from teenagers to early 30's, not as "all knowing" as you claim about THE SINCLAIR DIPLOMA of the 1400's.
What seems to be never mentioned, on that same day, they noticed on the west side of the island an oak log corduroy road.
They returned the next day with shovels digging all day down about ten feet, finding NOTHING.
A few early news articles appeared that mentioned digging for Capt Kidd's treasure, but the story really took off in the newspaper after 1861 when treasure tales the bigger the better sold newspapers, and the basic Oak Island tale was embellished with McGinnis seeing lamplights at night on Oak Island, then finding the hole the next day with that block and tackle oak tree, and the story grew with that 90 foot stone, and kept growing with Templars and Royal Navy Freemasons.

With your remark concerning THE SINCLAIR DIPLOMA- "So how do we know what to believe" the same can be asked about the hole on Oak Island with all the different versions bandied about- "How do you know what to believe"?

That's just it we don't completely know what all to believe. Ya'll are assuming nothing was ever written about OI till the mid 1800's and while I have no way to prove it, I think it was written about much much earlier. My reasoning is by the time that article came out there had been atleast 3 different groups/companies on the island digging for treasure.
Just because ya'll don't believe it does not mean it didn't happen.. How else did the word get out for companies to come searching. Not that many people lived near by at the time...and I would think that any local newspapers would have jumped at the story since there probably wasn't much to write about in the area at the time...

Most people didn't have their own personal camera till the early to mid 1900's. The first cameras were big and bulky, not something you just carried around..

n2mini, my friend, you seem to assume that Oak Island was deserted in 1795, with no one living on any of those 32 four acre lots.

That's just it we don't completely know what all to believe. Ya'll are assuming nothing was ever written about OI till the mid 1800's and while I have no way to prove it, I think it was written about much much earlier. My reasoning is by the time that article came out there had been atleast 3 different groups/companies on the island digging for treasure.
Just because ya'll don't believe it does not mean it didn't happen.. How else did the word get out for companies to come searching. Not that many people lived near by at the time...and I would think that any local newspapers would have jumped at the story since there probably wasn't much to write about in the area at the time...

Most people didn't have their own personal camera till the early to mid 1900's. The first cameras were big and bulky, not something you just carried around..

I agree. I think there was probably something written about the early workings on Oak Island at the time of the early search companies. I think we get hints of the early search efforts in the 1822/1823 Arcadian Recorder articles by Thomas McCulloch along with Thomas Haliburton’s 1849 book “Life in a Colony”. There is also a 1854 letter discussing the Oak Island diggings, which is 3 years prior to the Liverpool Transcript article.

This doesn’t take away from my opinion that the whole origin story is junk especially the 1795 date. I think the origin story we know was taken from an event that occurred in New York in 1791.

Last edited:
n2mini, my friend, you seem to assume that Oak Island was deserted in 1795, with no one living on any of those 32 four acre lots.

Maybe a few people were but that doesn't matter. Just as there are people now who live there. There has never been alot of people living on the island at any one time... no one really wanted too I'd think since the only way to the main land was by boat till the mid 1960's....

Do you know every little thing that is going on in your neighborhood. Every square foot of it. NO YOU DO NOT...

and what does it matter if your neighbors know your digging for treasure.. Free labor maybe....
no one has ever hid the fact they were there digging for treasure..

Last edited:

name those that claimed that

Maybe a few people were but that doesn't matter. Just as there are people now who live there. There has never been alot of people living on the island at any one time... no one really wanted too I'd think since the only way to the main land was by boat till the mid 1960's....
Do you know every little thing that is going on in your neighborhood.
Every square foot of it. NO YOU DO NOT...
and what does it matter if your neighbors know your digging for treasure.. Free labor maybe....
no one has ever hid the fact they were there digging for treasure..
Pure hypothetical backtracking speculation, n2mini my friend, that does not address the fact that Lot 18 was owned by one if three (Smith) who discovered the depression, not hole in the ground, and there were several families living in Oak Island in 1795.
Another fact is that the entire Oak Island treasure tale originated with these three, based on their statements without any evidential proof provided to support their story.

Pure hypothetical backtracking speculation, n2mini my friend, that does not address the fact that Lot 18 was owned by one if three (Smith) who discovered the depression, not hole in the ground, and there were several families living in Oak Island in 1795.
Another fact is that the entire Oak Island treasure tale originated with these three, based on their statements without any evidential proof provided to support their story.

and what does any of that really matter. Keep in mind other companies came in behind them to finish their dig and "supposedly"
found the stone in the same hole the original 3 found/dug..... are you calling all the stories from 1795 forward a lie?

name those that claimed that

Franklin claimed in one of his posts that the templars had visited mars. With no rocket or space vessel technology available at the time, the only explanation for his statement had to be a space/time warp tunnel...

Of course you would have to ask franklin how the templars actually traveled to mars. Without factual evidence one can only speculate....

Templars on mars.....and yet they couldn’t even cross the Atlantic....

Last edited:
.... Keep in mind other companies came in behind them to finish their dig and "supposedly"
found the stone in the same hole the original 3 found/dug..... are you calling all the stories from 1795 forward a lie?
The 90 foot stone was claimed to have been found in 1804 and somehow disappeared in 1912, and has long been considered a hoax...and I might add, had nothing to do with those "other companies" you mentioned in another strawman argument.
'Nuff Said!

Think about it...If the stone actually contained a cryptic code explaining how to find a vast treasure, why would it be tossed aside into a pile of rubble (it didn’t disappear, it was thrown away after folks stopped paying to see it once they figured out it was a fake carved rock).

The stone causeway built through the swamp for for the excavator...

a5xu4vy8clk21.jpg

The swamp has been previously excavated...

Watched as much of the show as I could stand the other day..."excessive nodding" was my only takeaway...

Last edited:
The stone causeway built through the swamp for for the excavator...

View attachment 1903996

The swamp has been previously excavated...

Watched as much of the show as I could stand the other day..."excessive nodding" was my only takeaway...

Xaos solves the “mystery” of the rocky road in the swamp!

Seems like my previous theory that folks placed rocks thru a muddy area to cross has been authenticated thanks to Xaos.

This also disproves a number of fictional tales put forth by Nolan....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back