Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Are you serious? Have you been watching the show over the years? Folks who are paid will blend truth and fiction to get their 5 minutes of tv fame.

Ever wonder why the show never continues to follow-up on a "hot lead" or a hole that where someone finds "something" story line?.....

A few years ago Dan Blankenship admitted that there was never anything on hoax island during one episode...

Post us a video of when Dan said that............

You have posted many times that he said that, and I don't recall him ever saying that or you or anyone else posting a video of him saying that. I do remember Marty asking him where he thinks the original MP was and he pointed it out. Might not have been correct but he thought he was... I did a google search of it and can't find anything about him saying that. Here again just because you say it doesn't make it true...Regardless of how many times you say it.. that part goes 2 ways as your fond of saying it yourself... I could see him saying something along the lines of "it is beginning to look like maybe there is no treasure left on the island"

"dubious credentials" LOL Somehow I think researchers at the University of New Brunswick carry a little more weight than you.

Maybe YOU should verify that those “experts” are actually associated with that university....good luck with that project, lol

Maybe YOU should verify that those “experts” are actually associated with that university....good luck with that project, lol

So then your saying the Laser ablation test was a lie.
And the findings from the German Mining Museum were also a lie . LOL You guys are wack !

"dubious credentials" LOL Somehow I think researchers at the University of New Brunswick carry a little more weight than you.
Yes, Dr. Christopher McFarlane, Professor of Earth Sciences at the University of Brunswick, and Lab Technician Brandon Boucher do carry more weight than I in their specialty of analyzing rocks and minerals.
Neither are historians, anthropologists, or archaeologists which would determine if the found lead cross was of Templar origin.
Dr. McFarlane stated," We didn't find out the age of the artifact(lead cross),but based on our findings, we believe the lead is of European origin".
Not exactly a statement of "proof" that the Templar's were on Oak Island, now is it.
PS: The "dubious credentials" are them being experts in "rocks and minerals" and not in history, anthropology, or archaeology that would be required to prove a Templar origin.

Last edited:
Yes, Dr. Christopher McFarlane, Professor of Earth Sciences at the University of Brunswick, and Lab Technician Brandon Boucher do carry more weight than I in their specialty of analyzing rocks and minerals.
Neither are historians, anthropologists, or archaeologists which would determine if the found lead cross was of Templar origin.
Dr. McFarlane stated," We didn't find out the age of the artifact(lead cross),but based on our findings, we believe the lead is of European origin".
Not exactly a statement of "proof" that the Templar's were on Oak Island, now is it.
PS: The "dubious credentials" are them being experts in "rocks and minerals" and not in history, anthropology, or archaeology that would be required to prove a Templar origin.

I will post it again & again & again until YOU finally watch it & take notes will U

I reckon, RTR my friend, that you missed McFarlane's official statement made outside of the edited TV entertainment show about "believe the leas is of European origin", and that his field of study is rocks and minerals, not Templar history.
Accepting that as "proof" of Templar activity on Oak Island is like going to your auto mechanic for heart surgery.
I don't think you would do that ,but then again... :laughing7: ...maybe you would.

So then your saying the Laser ablation test was a lie.
And the findings from the German Mining Museum were also a lie . LOL You guys are wack !
No......what I am saying is that you should verify the facts rather than accept the information from someone who has an agenda....to sell you something.
for a con man to be successful, the person being conned has to “buy” into the story.
the only thing us “nay sayers” have ever been stating is that such wild claims need to be verified.
but if you are OK with accepting any wacko story line.... thats fine.....when this story is finished and there is no treasure, no Templar connection, just remember....we told you so.

It is a common practice to use people who have credentials in one area, to promote something in a different unrelated area, as an example, just watch an advertisement for any product on the market today. You will see some sports celeb or guru promoting life insurance, as if he was some expert in that field...he may be, but it is not a guarantee just because he knows how to throw a damn foot ball.

Last edited:
At this point I don't think it matters who verifies anything found on OI ya'll would not believe it and or say it was planted.. Also don't think anyone will be able to prove or disprove who for sure has ever been on the island. For the same reasons... Ya'lls minds are made up so instead of thinking maybe the other side is correct on anything or that it is atleast possible, you just say it needs to be better verified as you know that is not going to happen...

At this point I don't think it matters who verifies anything found on OI ya'll would not believe it and or say it was planted.. Also don't think anyone will be able to prove or disprove who for sure has ever been on the island. For the same reasons... Ya'lls minds are made up so instead of thinking maybe the other side is correct on anything or that it is atleast possible, you just say it needs to be better verified as you know that is not going to happen...
As usual, you are missing the whole point

The UAST always miss the whole point being made about documentation and verification from legitimate professionals in the proper corresponding fields of the discussion.

None of us get to pick who they use to test and verify items. I'm sure none of the Institutions want to give false info on purpose just for a tv show as it would ruin their reputation, and if these people didn't work where they claim to be working, that place would be telling us all that...In the past the Laginas always ask could it be this, or from these people etc and they give their opinion on that but it is just that, their opinion..and yes they probably know the angle the Laginas are pushing..

Someone explain this..........The cross found at oak island was made, from lead, that came from a mine, in the region, and the same time period, the Templar's occupied France.
The prison some of them were held in (in France) has an Exact sketch on the walls of that cross.
A few hundred years ago the Earth was Hugh,and the Atlantic even bigger.
So whats the "odds" of that(Templar) Cross traveling across the entire ocean.... To wind up on one small island known as Oak Island.....Answer is Zero :) ! Proof positive Knights Templar were on that 'little island' :)

Whoa there, cowboy. Assuming the German lab tech they used wasn't an actor what he did was conclude that the cross was made from lead that came from a certain region. From a lead mine in that region. A lead mine that has been in operation how long? How many tons of ingots shipped to where and when? It could have come from that mine 10 years ago and would still test the same. It could have been lead ballast that came to Nova Scotia with a Portugese fishing ship and someone in Nova Scotia re-melted it to make that cross. There is no proof of a Templar connection and no time lock. Lead has been lead and unchanged (it's a very stable element) since it was formed in stars and ended up in the spiral that eventually formed our planet. Billions of years ago. The impurities with it are what help localize it.

I didn't watch the video, but do they mention "voltammetry"? That's about the only way to age a lead object based on the lead oxide and lead dioxide on the surface since it was melted and cast (or recast). And that assumes it hasn't been relocated to different soil or conditions. If not, then I'd be curioius how it was dated.

Last edited:
Is that including the 90 ft depth you started out with when you made the tunnel 522 feet at 45 degree angle. Then you would be down below 460 feet level.

Read it again: "..XXX feet DEEPER than when your STARTED..." Good job on the addition, though...

There are tests that can identify the geographic source of a metal object - but no chemical, radiometric, or spectral test can determine the age of the material nor when it was refined/cast/fabricated. Claims of doing so are simply snake oil.

It is a common practice to use people who have credentials in one area, to promote something in a different unrelated area, as an example, just watch an advertisement for any product on the market today. You will see some sports celeb or guru promoting life insurance, as if he was some expert in that field...he may be, but it is not a guarantee just because he knows how to throw a damn foot ball.

Recall the "tell-all" books that were going to "blow the lid off the UFO conspiracy", usually written by a "former NASA official" - which turns out to be some schmo that was a part-time minimum-wage janitor that dumped the trash in the break room and bathrooms after working hours.

None of us get to pick who they use to test and verify items. I'm sure none of the Institutions want to give false info on purpose just for a tv show as it would ruin their reputation, and if these people didn't work where they claim to be working, that place would be telling us all that...In the past the Laginas always ask could it be this, or from these people etc and they give their opinion on that but it is just that, their opinion..and yes they probably know the angle the Laginas are pushing..

It would not be surprising if "creative editing" could be used to give the impression that certain answers from experts were given to selected questions. A clip of a professor saying "...over five hundred years..." is broadcast in apparent response to the question, "How old do you estimate this (ox shoe, coin, ax head, etc.) to be?", when in fact, the original question had been "How long ago did Columbus sail to the New World?"

I agree that is possible just as with everything regarding OI.. Which is why I cannot understand why the folks on here that think it never happened, is all made up, special editing, hoax, etc. Why bother watching the show and or coming in here to talk about something you do not believe in at all... I don't believe in Bigfoot so I don't watch the "Finding Bigfoot" shows and I by no means go into their forums just to gripe and moan about the show and everyones theories.. I have better things to do. Which is also why every now and then I take a break from this forum as it gets to be the same thing over and over again. No actual discussion...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back