Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not true, the Regius manuscript puts Freemasonry in 1320
sorry Charlie.

A modern analysis of the Regius put its date between 1425 and 1440. It is assumed to have been written as a counter to a 1425 statute banning assemblies. Although its wording is masonic in nature there is some question as to it actually representing what became Freemasonry. One problem is that it is Roman Catholic in nature, while later Freemasonry was Protestant. In my own humble opinion though it is one the earliest recorded examples of that Order and I have used it often in evidencing some of my own theories.

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I have says the 14th Century and may go back as far as the 8th and 9th Century?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not true, the Regius manuscript puts Freemasonry in 1320
sorry Charlie.

There is a difference between a poem on geometry and "modern Freemasons" who are not in the Guild of Masons. They just took the name "Mason". Sure, people were laying stone and mortar right on through the period between when the Templers were disbanded and someone thought it was fun to make a social club and call it "Freemasonry".

There is also some debate on where that work (the Halliwell Manuscript) originally came from and why it was unknown until after the Freemasons Club was formed.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a difference between a poem on geometry and "modern Freemasons" who are not in the Guild of Masons. They just took the name "Mason". Sure, people were laying stone and mortar right on through the period between when the Templers were disbanded and someone thought it was fun to make a social club and call it "Freemasonry".

There is also some debate on where that work (the Halliwell Manuscript) originally came from and why it was unknown until after the Freemasons Club was formed.

I don't think that debate holds up Charlie, the "poems" wording is too obviously mid-fifteenth century. As for the Guild of Masons that would be how the Freemasons began, only allowing operative masons in the beginning, eventually evolving as it grew needing more members, much like the VFW. These are only my opinions as there is no solid documentation of any connection.

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

If you think Freemasonry is a social club, you don’t have a clue and you are obviously not a Freemason

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received 4 DVD Roms today. They have about every book and reference that has ever been printed on the RC or the Rosy Cross. Probably take all Winter to read through it all.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All For One...And...One For All!

In your opinion, would it make more or less sense to bury all of these treasures (at considerable expense and peril) in one location, or to spread them out a bit so that the loss of one was not the loss of all?

A random basement in Britain would also be within British controlled territory. And had France and Spain conquered Britain, Nova Scotia likely would have wound up as French and Spanish territory. In either case, nobody would know where to look for a treasure unless somebody told them, and in that case it wouldn't matter where it was.

All+for+one+and+one+for+all.jpeg

Expense is of no Issue...When you are dealing with Priceless Artifacts or Multi Billion Dollar Treasures!

The Two (2) most important criterias with the depositing of their Treasure were:

One...that "No Evidence" would ever be revealed exposing their "Treasonous Act".

This said...It is easier to guard "One Location" than "Several".

On Oak Island...They proved this by the selling of Lots on the island to installed Security Officers.

Two..."Ease" of "Retrieval".

Having one location that the Freemason's American Navy would know the...Where, When and How to retrieve.

I equate this to a Taxi Driver picking up several clients at a set time, at numerous locations...Or... All at One Place!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you think Freemasonry is a social club, you don’t have a clue and you are obviously not a Freemason

No. Obviously not. Nor would I be inclined to be. I don't think I am "special" nor do I think anyone else is.

I hate secrets. Even made up ones. Daylight is the best curative. Get it out in the open.

I am simple and honest. It's easier in the long run.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No. Obviously not. Nor would I be inclined to be. I don't think I am "special" nor do I think anyone else is.

I hate secrets. Even made up ones. Daylight is the best curative. Get it out in the open.

I am simple and honest. It's easier in the long run.
Just like I stated....clueless

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh gosh, I don't know all the butt-buddy secret bullshit. I am so sorrowful.

You can revel in your untold wealth and secret handshakes that produce . . . nothing at all.

How's that 190 ft deep pit of riches working out for you so far? Bah.

Better you should feed a few homeless veterans or at least neuter a few stray pups, but that wouldn't be Masonic, would it?

At least the Shriners help kids.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh gosh, I don't know all the butt-buddy secret bullshit. I am so sorrowful.

You can revel in your untold wealth and secret handshakes that produce . . . nothing at all.

How's that 190 ft deep pit of riches working out for you so far? Bah.

Better you should feed a few homeless veterans or at least neuter a few stray pups, but that wouldn't be Masonic, would it?
Your angry insult reveils your true animosity toward the Freemasons, you applied for membership once and were rejected
sooo sorry

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. I never applied. Never. And I knew the Shriners are Freemasons. They are those secret society guys on go carts in parades. But at least they do some good.

I am not a "Joiner", as my Dad used to label such. Odd Fellows, Knights o'C., Elks, AOH, other sorry pointless organizations. My Mom was an Eastern Star until she got bored with it. Rotary and Kiwanis seem to do some community good.

I am dubious of all such "secret" organizations that everyone knows about. Share and share alike. Don't hide your light under a basket.

I assure you I'm pretty "clued".

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I was under the impression that you had to be "nominated", someone simply could not come up and say I wish to join. ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never asked and they have never asked me? I do not know if I would even have the time to devout the needed time to learn. I do know a lot about them. I have talked to a couple of 33 degree Mastermasons. One in South Carolina, a really intelligent man. I could talk with him day in and day out and never notice the time on the clock. But anyway, I am fascinated. I only wish I could have found out about all of this in my younger days.

The masons and the RC and the Knight Templar's before them, all had a hidden language of mathematics or sacred geometry. I excelled in science and math while in school. I loved it until I got into "invisible numbers" and formulas to learn, I kind of got bored then and saw no use for it. I could take the basic math and figure out anything I wanted. I calculated the distance to the Moon and the Sun by a single beam of light that came through our front window curtains and shined on the opposite side of our living room. I calculated the expanse of the Universe by using the Red Doppler Theory.

That is why I enjoy researching treasures and trying to find them, it is like trying to solve a mathematical problem. The cipher codes intrigue you and keep you searching even more. And the larger mysteries that have not been solved makes you dig even deeper into research. Then you run up on the hidden societies and their hidden secrets, then you automatically want to learn more. It never ends until you are enlightened either by your research, the Secret Societies or by the Almighty, Himself.

That is why I keep digging and why I keep learning-----it is the thrill of enlightenment. And I dearly love it.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have never asked and they have never asked me? I do not know if I would even have the time to devout the needed time to learn. I do know a lot about them. I have talked to a couple of 33 degree Mastermasons. One in South Carolina, a really intelligent man. I could talk with him day in and day out and never notice the time on the clock. But anyway, I am fascinated. I only wish I could have found out about all of this in my younger days.

The masons and the RC and the Knight Templar's before them, all had a hidden language of mathematics or sacred geometry. I excelled in science and math while in school. I loved it until I got into "invisible numbers" and formulas to learn, I kind of got bored then and saw no use for it. I could take the basic math and figure out anything I wanted. I calculated the distance to the Moon and the Sun by a single beam of light that came through our front window curtains and shined on the opposite side of our living room. I calculated the expanse of the Universe by using the Red Doppler Theory.

That is why I enjoy researching treasures and trying to find them, it is like trying to solve a mathematical problem. The cipher codes intrigue you and keep you searching even more. And the larger mysteries that have not been solved makes you dig even deeper into research. Then you run up on the hidden societies and their hidden secrets, then you automatically want to learn more. It never ends until you are enlightened either by your research, the Secret Societies or by the Almighty, Himself.

That is why I keep digging and why I keep learning-----it is the thrill of enlightenment. And I dearly love it.

Freemasons do not share thier secrets, in the same manner as people not sharing their bank number and PIN, our secrets are nothing more than that, but they are sacred and not to be shared with the profane
you Franklin, have a deep understanding and appreciation for that, it is never too late to learn more and as a brother, many will be able to share those secrets with you, some of them involve treasure and some are earth shattering and some boring as hell, a real diverse mix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Splitting a Stone...Is Like Splitting a Log of Wood...Only "Harder"!

Oak Island - drilled stone1.jpg Oak Island - drilled_stone.png

I have been thinking about the Drilled Holed Stones found and photographed all over Oak Island.

I still believe that on Oak Island there are stones used for directional markers aiding with the location of where the Tunnels and Treasure Vault maybe located, such as those at Nolan's Cross.

But... The recent findings on Episode One, Season 6, showing stones with drilled holes located on the Western Side of the Island, has me perplexed.

The Show has tried to explain these stones as some sort of mechanism for moving cargo by way of a chain pulled through a circular pin pounded into the drilled holes.

One of the stones drilled holes has a metal spike pounded into it, which they described as a support part.

Although, Stones on the Island could have been placed and used by the Depositors for Directional Markers, there could be a more logical reason how these Drilled Stones came about and possibly from a more recent date.

When I was a boy on the prairies, my summer job was Rock Picking

This was a back breaking job, clearing the rocks off a field to enable planting.

I came to appreciate the heavy weight of stones and the importance of their removal by the farmer.

At Oak Island, the Land Owners of the 18th and 19th Century may have found the best way to remove and use the stones for housing, fencing or roadways was to split them into smaller pieces.

This method was called...Plug and Feather - "Plug and feather, also known as plugs and wedges, feather and wedges, wedges and shims, pins and feathers and feather and tare, refers to a technique and a three-piece tool set used to split stone."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug_and_feather

Stone Splitting Tools.jpg

"Each set consists of a metal wedge (the plug), and two shims (the feathers). The feathers are wide at the bottom, and tapered and curved at the top. When the two feathers are placed on either side of the plug, the combined width of the set is the same at both ends."
Technique

Multiple sets of plug and feathers are typically used to split a single, large piece of stone. The stone is first examined to determine the direction of the grain. After the location of the intended split is chosen, a line is scored on the surface of the stone. A number of holes are then cut or drilled into the stone face along the scored line approximately 10 – 20 cm apart. Plug and feather sets are then inserted in the holes with the "ears" of the feathers facing the direction of the desired split. The plugs are then struck with a small stone maul in sequence. An audible tone from the wedges changes to a 'ringing sound' when the wedges are tight. Between each series of strikes, a pause of several minutes allows the stone to react to the pressure. Eventually a crack appears along the line that was scored on the surface and the stone splits apart.

Stone Splitting Pic.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Using_plug_and_feathers_in_Hainan_-_01.ogv

I hope the Show has the Metal Spike located in one of the drilled holes, analyzed as to its date of origin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread