OBAMA TO REPLACE KENNEDY ON THE HALF DOLLAR

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i think the fed needs to start melting some of these down.i'm tired of going through box after box of these and finding nothing!!i mean if i could find a commemorative or one from the 1800's once in a while it would make life worth living for.you know what i mean?nobody even wants to use them in circulation anyways.a lot of these the edges are so worn the machine wont even take them.i think the half dollar needs a new image.any thoughts for a boring winter day?

Upvote 0

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The only reason Chuck Norris isn't already on all forms of currency, is because every time a $10 bill would be used, it would roundhouse kick itself into 200 nickels.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day obama is on the half dollar is the day i retire from crh.

Not to mention how many half dollars that joke will put into circulation.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for Obama being on the half. Can anyone guess why?

Think about it.

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason Chuck Norris isn't already on all forms of currency, is because every time a $10 bill would be used, it would roundhouse kick itself into 200 nickels.

Chuck Norris. Finally a name I recognize !!! But who is this Obama they keep talking about ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with saying you don't want certain people on coins but let's remember to keep politics itself out of the thread...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont worry guys, im sure Obama will just say we're in a state of national emergency and put his face on the half dollar soon.

JunkDetector

Aug 12, 2013
Placerville, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I come to Treasurenet for metal detecting, coin roll hunting, and related categories. I'm tired of the people who find it necessary to turn just about everything political.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Original discussion was on faces on coins as such talking about Obama being on a coin or not being on a coin is within the discussion, no different than why someone would want or not want any other president on a coin...

keep other politics out of it.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cncointh0.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of keep the politics out of thread is hard to understand...

Last edited:

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why should the design include a person? How about the Fugio half? An attractive design in my book and decidedly retro. I like the motto: Mind your business. Or better yet, lady LIBERTY. I don't like politicians on money. What have ANY of them done for us lately?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its true.

We live in an "Obama Nation".

We can see Obama halves, and than the halve nots who cant afford a $10 roll.

Last edited:

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Justin Bieber half would get them back in. Circulation. All the little girls would spend them

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
Why not Lady Liberty? She's awesome and a much prettier expressive symbol. Besides, wasn't it George Washington who hated the thought of putting real people on coins? He was opposed to himself being on coins, as he didn't want to be seen as a king or monarch-like leader with his face on everything.

Guess times change huh?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Why not Lady Liberty? She's awesome and a much prettier expressive symbol. Besides, wasn't it George Washington who hated the thought of putting real people on coins? He was opposed to himself being on coins, as he didn't want to be seen as a king or monarch-like leader with his face on everything.

Guess times change huh?
Liberty is just a memory. All the cool Dictators have their faces on coins..

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of keep the politics out of thread is hard to understand...

Oh, the irony ............ !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread