Obsidian point

johnger1

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it looks like a obsidian point. I found it in a customers crawlspace. Since it's the only obsidian I've found in the area, I'd have to guess it's probably a glass reproduction. Any way to tell?
DSC09456a.jpg DSC09456.JPG

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
looks legit to me...a point broken in the hunt...pretty common and they look just like that. it even has a nick on the tip.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state did you find it in? That one would of been a real killer if it was whole. I find allot of jet black flint that looks like that piece.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...see the purple on the broken tip?.... if that is the true color, I would say obsidian....we find that by the bucket in Oregon.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Looks like obsidian. Is it translucent? This is a piece Kuger sent me. Look at it in the light, then just in my hand.

image-2330823134.jpg

image-2467135526.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnger1

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it san pedro,ca. I held it up to the light and its transluclent, like the one in the photo. I find all kinds of kids toys,marbles, coins,etc. going back to the 1940's in and around my clients floor furnaces. I've collected some really cool marbles over the years, and I figured this was something that ended up in the crawl space like the rest of it. Compared to the other rocks I had been finding, it looked to good, so I figured it was a modern glass copy.Thanks for all the helpful opinions, much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread