What's new

October November Finds from my tour...

Baggins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
So I just got back from tour, been gone for a couple months....During my time on the road, I did get several chances to pull out my detector and go hunt...First pic is of most of my finds from Richmond, Atlanta, and Ft. Lauderdale...The old wrench was found in Atlanta at a venue that used to be an old woodchip mill I was told back in the mid to late 1800's...It looks to read "Keystone Co" I believe...had also found the dark ring, and a pocket full of clad at this site....the most unusual find of the day is the "Seal" coin....I have no idea what it was for, or the age of it...it was found about 4" down and is about the size of a silver dollar...any ideas? Also the hem weight was found at the same site... Square nail,was found at a rail depot in Ft. Lauderdale, (the oldest one in town, or the state, I can't remember), it was just laying on the ground by the tracks...The gun shell, and marbles were all found on a couple of vacant lots that once had houses on them some time ago, as well as all the china pieces..The big silver "shell" was also found there...is this a signal flair? It reads M-14 Signal Japan, and a lot number on the bottom....looks to have a primer in the center...age? The silver ring and bracelet also came from Atlanta...I took out an add on Craigslist while in Richmond, and got permission to hunt some woods, but only got about 30 mins before the rain set in....Found what I first thought was a percussion cap, but when cleaned, looks more like a bullet jacket....damn, maybe next time.... I will post the seal on the What is it post, and hopefully someone can Id it.
As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Baggins
 

Attachments

  • Tour Finds 001.webp
    Tour Finds 001.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 732
  • Tour Finds 002.webp
    Tour Finds 002.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 716
  • Tour Finds 003.webp
    Tour Finds 003.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 705
  • Tour Finds 004.webp
    Tour Finds 004.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 720
  • Tour Finds 005.webp
    Tour Finds 005.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 702
  • Tour Finds 006.webp
    Tour Finds 006.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 704
  • Tour Finds 007.webp
    Tour Finds 007.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 697
  • Tour Finds 008.webp
    Tour Finds 008.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 684
  • Tour Finds 009.webp
    Tour Finds 009.webp
    20 KB · Views: 675
  • Tour Finds 010.webp
    Tour Finds 010.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 668
  • Tour Finds 011.webp
    Tour Finds 011.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
The seal is a corporate seal that was used to emboss official corporate documents at the company who's name is on it. Similar to a notary seal that notaries use to stamp notarized documents. The seal would be in the possession of one of the corporate officers, like the president or Secretary and only be used on very important papers.
 
Lucky you, getting to travel and detect at the same time. I am ready for a trip! Curious--what kind of an ad did you put on Craig's list? Never thought of that. Thanks! Love your marbles
 
Just sent you a PM...
Baggins
 
GREAT FINDS. :thumbsup:
 
Lots of neat finds Baggins :thumbsup: Great hunt :icon_sunny:
 
Great seal, yet to dig one of them. Congrates!
 
:thumbsup: Looks like you've been having a GREAT time while outta town! :wink:

Fantastic finds! Nana :wink:
 
Cool wrench ;D

Love the token!

HH

LW
 
I like that wrench! Must have been made special.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom