What's new

Odd canteen of some sort ?

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2018
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7,457
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local park/fairgrounds in town has bin their since late 1800s, Iv bin hitting the trashy areas and got this about 10 inches down, any of you recognize this thing?? (still has the cap on it) The park was also a POW camp during WWII...
 

Attachments

  • 20190605_070520[1].webp
    20190605_070520[1].webp
    928.8 KB · Views: 129
To me it looks like a smashed metal wine goblet missing the base. Can't really tell much from that single pic, though...
 
Upvote 0
Ill get some more pics on here in a bit, its only a inch or so thick, its not smashed up to bad, and the edges are squared off.....
 
Upvote 0
Pics of the small end would be helpful. If it's isn't too smashed maybe it's a liquor flask. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I think Matt's on to something. I think it looks like a whiskey flask.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking flask as well, just seemed like a odd shape for a flask... Ill get ya's more pics thanks guys...
 
Upvote 0
I’ll go with the flow, whiskey flask it is!!
 
Upvote 0
Yeah I think beverage related! Although the shape looks similar to something else. Ironman?
 
Upvote 0
Cool find and freakin old
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom