What's new

Odd Florida Item

Gomer

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida/E. Tenn
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Perrimore Site, Orange Lake......was leased and then pretty much dug out...we found this before the destruction took place for money.
 

Attachments

  • new1 623.webp
    new1 623.webp
    141 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Looks like a nice Cobbs knife.
Probably a Lerma after some resharpening.
 
Last edited:
Nice multi tool. Beautiful specimen.
 
All the big lakes in Fl have large amounts of artifacts from the highest hills around them, to the very center of the drainage creeks they are made from. The lakes have constantly been high and lower through out all time periods, the people just followed the waters edge in where they lived and hunted. Its just illegal to hunt underwater anymore.....lack of common sense rules all over our country.
 
All the big lakes in Fl have large amounts of artifacts from the highest hills around them, to the very center of the drainage creeks they are made from. The lakes have constantly been high and lower through out all time periods, the people just followed the waters edge in where they lived and hunted. Its just illegal to hunt underwater anymore.....lack of common sense rules all over our

Sadly, that last sentence defines our current culture. Lack of common sense. I moved back to the mountains I grew up in because I found common sense was more prevalent here. Good ol' small town, blue collar, up a "holler" hillbilly folk who garden, hunt, fix things, wave at their neighbor and have always voted...but yet find no one worthy of a vote anymore. Politics is now a corporately funded entity fueled by a Hollywood like media frenzy that gives more attention to the senator who cheated on his wife than actual huge problems we need to fix before we implode.

But hey, do you know why I come to this site? To get my mind off of those things...by going back in time each time someone like you posts amazing finds. So I won't continue with that rant any longer.

I'm super happy to see another very experienced hunter and collector here who shares his finds and knowledge with us "kids". Thank you for joining! I look forward to seeing more (as I wipe the slobber off of my face).

Brandiwine-o
 
Very well put.
 
All the big lakes in Fl have large amounts of artifacts from the highest hills around them, to the very center of the drainage creeks they are made from. The lakes have constantly been high and lower through out all time periods, the people just followed the waters edge in where they lived and hunted. Its just illegal to hunt underwater anymore.....lack of common sense rules all over our country.

i agree with you 100%

Sadly, that last sentence defines our current culture. Lack of common sense. I moved back to the mountains I grew up in because I found common sense was more prevalent here. Good ol' small town, blue collar, up a "holler" hillbilly folk who garden, hunt, fix things, wave at their neighbor and have always voted...but yet find no one worthy of a vote anymore. Politics is now a corporately funded entity fueled by a Hollywood like media frenzy that gives more attention to the senator who cheated on his wife than actual huge problems we need to fix before we implode.

But hey, do you know why I come to this site? To get my mind off of those things...by going back in time each time someone like you posts amazing finds. So I won't continue with that rant any longer.

I'm super happy to see another very experienced hunter and collector here who shares his finds and knowledge with us "kids". Thank you for joining! I look forward to seeing more (as I wipe the slobber off of my face).

Brandiwine-o


i agree brandi

looking forward to seeing more of dr gomer's pieces
 
arrow_head.gif
Nice find Gomer!
 
Killer blade...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom