What's new

Odd Occurance

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped in my little local bank yesterday to get some change, and one of the tellers said she had $5 in halves, and did I want them? (They all know I "collect")

Of course I took them, alluz do...

Seven of the coins were for all practical purposes, were BU. They're better than the ones in my book.

Two each '90, both P & D

One '91D

Two '93, P & D

Two '96, P & D

Looks as if someone's collection was spent or deposited.

Guess I'll have to check with the other tellers and see if there are more in the trays.

No silver, but really nice clads to add to the books.

Robin
 
Upvote 0
Nicely done Robin.

There are many collectors (like us) out here who (also) benefit by finding better conditioned coins while CRHing; than might otherwise be in our coin folders.

Kudos !
 
I have noticed in the last few weeks in the boxes lots of BU 95Ds and some other assorted 90's years. I saved a few just to have, but dumped. I was not sure if maybe the fed was having to release old rolls they had stashed to meet the demands for boxes from so many CRHers?

Also odd is that I have seen some 1971D's with a hole thourgh them near the top (as if it was worn on a necklace or something). I have seen 3 or 4 or these in the last 2 weeks. No other year but 71. I know it is not the same one coming back to me because I have pulled them from different brand rolls. I dont know if there was a fad back in 71 or 72 to do this, but this is the only year I have seen in such condition. :icon_scratch:

Jim
 
Jim, I seem to find more drilled 71s also. Maybe the dumba$$e$ are all related. Maybe a roll of drilled 71s would fetch $10 on ebay. Cheers Jim, Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom