SkyPirate
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 31, 2009
- Messages
- 1,861
- Reaction score
- 83
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Raleigh North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I found this odd shaped ring in the same hole as the sterling arrow charm. (near a camp fire circle) The circle part is 3/4 of an inch diameter and curve to point is a hair over an inch. It has no markings on it and seems to be made of aluminum. Anybody have any ideas what it could be?
SOLVED!!!
Jim helped me solve this What is it?
Re: More Boy Scout Finds
Reply To This Topic #8 Posted Nov 05, 2009, 06:47:04 PM Quote
Congrats on all of those great scout finds. Scout camps are one of my favorite places to hunt, and I've been hammering a 300+ acre scout camp that has been in use since the mid 1940's for about 18 months now.
If you ever find another one of these items (see circled item in your photo below), check the hole very carefully, as there should be a tiny sterling silver arrow in the hole near this item which hooked to a shirt button. There would have been a ribbon between the button hole loop, and the sterling arrow. I've found two of these button hole loops, and in each case I found the sterling arrow. It is TINY, so you need to check carefully with an electronic probe if you have one.
Happy hunting,
Jim
That is exactly how I found it only I found the Arrow first!
SOLVED!!!
Jim helped me solve this What is it?
Re: More Boy Scout Finds
Reply To This Topic #8 Posted Nov 05, 2009, 06:47:04 PM Quote
Congrats on all of those great scout finds. Scout camps are one of my favorite places to hunt, and I've been hammering a 300+ acre scout camp that has been in use since the mid 1940's for about 18 months now.
If you ever find another one of these items (see circled item in your photo below), check the hole very carefully, as there should be a tiny sterling silver arrow in the hole near this item which hooked to a shirt button. There would have been a ribbon between the button hole loop, and the sterling arrow. I've found two of these button hole loops, and in each case I found the sterling arrow. It is TINY, so you need to check carefully with an electronic probe if you have one.
Happy hunting,
Jim
That is exactly how I found it only I found the Arrow first!










