What's new

Odd stone found among flakes pottery shards and broken points.

heysharkie

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any idea on this rock found among flakes n tools? Farm field.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 0
Nope, no idea. Perhaps if there was a picture there...:dontknow:
 
Does anyone have any idea on this rock found among flakes n tools? Farm field.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
uploadfromtaptalk1464328774730.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464328788075.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464328797658.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464328808224.webp

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Me neither but it stands out like a sore thumb in the field it was in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Yea I would have brought it home too..... Back yard is full of rocks that were just too different to leave behind.....
 
Just a rock....
 
If you could get a pic of it in the outside light I believe it might change some minds on it. With the poor lighting I still think it might be greenstone or even steelatite and I would also have to see the ends not the flat sides. What the heck lets see all sides in natural light. to me it looks like a stone pipe preform. I also would need to know the size of it in inches. And after that it still might be natural but it just has the pipe shape like it sits now.
 
If you could get a pic of it in the outside light I believe it might change some minds on it. With the poor lighting I still think it might be greenstone or even steelatite and I would also have to see the ends not the flat sides. What the heck lets see all sides in natural light. to me it looks like a stone pipe preform. I also would need to know the size of it in inches. And after that it still might be natural but it just has the pipe shape like it sits now.
uploadfromtaptalk1464401967299.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464401975724.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464401983990.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464402007372.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464402017994.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464402035307.webp

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
The flakes and pottery like shards were in same spot. I'd appreciate any comments on those as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Okay well better pics but I dont see nothing but a nicely shaped rock maybe quartzite in material. Thanks for updating the pics. Maybe next time.
 
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom