What's new

Odd thing

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I have no idea what this first item is, do any of you know? I found it in my yard, it dates back to early 1900's. Looks like the first sunglasses or bra.

Also this quarter would this be a marking error by the mint? or just messed up by a person? I've seen some where the machine was off and messes up coins. So thought this might be one.
 

Attachments

  • odd1.webp
    odd1.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 493
  • odd2.webp
    odd2.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 487
  • odd3.webp
    odd3.webp
    8 KB · Views: 473
  • quarter1.webp
    quarter1.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 476
  • quarter2.webp
    quarter2.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 473
It looks like part of a split plumbing escutcheon. Like older ones around fire sprinklers. The quarter looks like post mint damage.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
the top item was once round and filled out
I agree. I think its broken and flattened by a car or something; run over many times.
 
Upvote 0
The quarter looks like it was caught or jammed in moving machinery.
 
Upvote 0
Looking again today, the top item could be a part of an older lamp that was round but has since been broken and flattened. If you've ever rebuilt lamps, you'll know that there's a rod that runs through the center of pieces of metal, ceramics, glass, etc. The rod is threaded and has nuts on each end to hold it all together. The electric cord runs through the rod up to the actual fixture part that holds the bulb(s). This piece was a part of the lamp, IMHO.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Possible, do you have any pictures that shows that kind of thing to get an idea?
 
Upvote 0
You really think it's that? Hard to imagine, I mean you might be right, just odd.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom