Of course someone needs deus xp help near Arkansas if possible

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i am back after a long hiatus lol. Work has got really busy before the cooler weather started to set in. Right before this i purchased a Deus XP to play with after selling my at gold. Anyways i am in need of help.
Where to start how to get the good stuff haha.

Any help would be great. I ahve spent a little time in the yard looking and hunting only to get frustrated in the end.

I am not stupid or slow but for some reason i just can pick up on the deus.
I would really like to be more knowledgeable about it before the snow sets in.

Anyone around north east Arkansas that uses one that might be able to help?

Thank you

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy's book is a good resource for understanding how the machine operates. Also more info is online. Knowing each function is important. As is finding a setting and sticking with it for awhile. Then play and tweak more later. I came from the at pro and started with deus fast. Maybe 30 hours later, (5 hunts) I went to full tones and no disc. I really took to the machine fast. But yeah, learn what all the settings do.
Then hit a familiar park. Listen to the response of a target. Take your time on this and play. Different swing speeds and width of swing can give lots if info. Mostly try to remember these sounds. Then dig it up.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the best thing I have seen so far for new deus users, is a youtube video by some British guy named gary. he has several videos, but the main one that helped me was the one called "getting started with the xp deus". at least, I think that was the name of it. anyway, I watched it several times before I even got my deus, and I knew completely how to set everything before even touching one. of course, there is still a learning curve, but the video really helped. I started out in the "basic" mode, and started tweaking different settings as needed. that method seemed to work great for me. I didn't learn everything in a day, but every time I used the machine, I felt more and more confident. now, my settings are COMPLETELY different, but they seem to be working great for me. I use the machine strictly for civil war relic hunting, but I will tell you... that machine is a coin magnet. one more bit of advice... just don't rely on other people's programs. take the time to learn the machine, and what each setting does when you change it. after you get one or 2 of your own programs and use them for a while, then you can see what programs other people are using, and if they seem better for what your doing. I have found that my own programs seem to work the best for me. good luck!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Here's a link to Gary's youtube page.
There are ten videos on the functions of the Deus.
This is volume 1, wait for it to complete and check for volume 2.
Great teaching videos.

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also came from the ATPro...And they are right about Andy's book... I jumped out and starting using my own programs right off the bat and I gotta tell you I had to stop and go to the beginning...The tones are everything(clarity)...I made some Fantastic finds early on , But I think that was just dumb luck... I feel more comfortable with the machine now...Nickels and pulltabs still confuse a bit but I pull more nickels than ever before... I dont run mine as hot now as I did in the beginning but that is because I cant hunt very long when its being chatty.. copper,brass,silver and lead are unmistakable .. It's a great machine and well worth the time spent to learn it..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions